Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Color Pencil Work on Page 34

Thanks very much! I'll definitely work of cylinders and ground shadows!

Wow the colouring is amazing and your getting much better at drawing bandages the only thing I can suggest is maybe is to study swords and see how they reflect light and are shaded etc, very rarely do you find perfectly flat swords usually because of structural reasons and such, other than that awesome as always

Thanks very much!! I did try to add shading but everything got blended and blurred when i tried to make it appear to be glowing :/

You are using digital, right? for colors. If yes, then when you are shading, make sure there is some contrast, this will help it appear more c; and when you make the glowing technique, create a new layer, go over the sword with a soft brush, and have the opacity around 50-60%.

Very good job on the pic, btw, loving the folds on the pants C:

I actually did make a new layer for the sword and set the opacity for, I think, 55%. I don't think I adding enough shading to the main thing.

This is something that probably won't expand your knowledge about art as it is, but a fun trick to do in PS (you use photoshop right? or is it GIMP?) is to set the blending mode of a layer to "color dodge". Try it, cool stuff will happen. Oh, and put something like a photo or one of your paintings on a lower layer, nothing will happen if you got like a white or black background

I use GIMP. But if I can do it, I will.

Well, my scanner broke, so I can't upload my better drawings for awhile. I tried actually drawing (not just coloring) with my tablet, but I'm not very good at it. Anyways, here's my attempt. The shading's pretty sloppy, especially on the face. I'll probably redo it, if I feel up to it later.

Her left shoulder looks kind of weird shrugged like so and the collar bone doesn't seem right. The dress/shirt thing also appears strange. I probably should have added a few folds/creases.

Looking good keep up your awesome work! A few pointers;

> The type of clothing she is wearing usually wouldn't extend so high up to meet the arm pit, normally you would see a bit of the skin which joins the breast and arm or a skin fold* and I suppose depending on the top and the pose some of the arm pit (for lack of a better name) may be revealed as well. If you look up tank top in Google and look at the models you should see hopefully what I mean

*Unsure if that is the correct term

> Also I would suggest adding some clothing folds, fortunately you cut the lower half so you miss most of that criss-cross area at the bottom of the top but you may be able to fit some around the base of the breasts (depending again on the top however)

That seems to be it i'll post if I find anything else. Hope I helped
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-12-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks! Like I said, I noticed the lack of folds I'll fix that shortly.