Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    Oh gawd, your cyborgs anatomy makes so much more sense than mine. Wahaha, I just sorta do lines everywhere until it looks awesome. :,3 ... Anyways, I think his right jaw might need to be a little bit more broad and his foot is angled too far out, it should be facing closer in this direction. c: Then again, considering he's a cyborg and he has a gyroscopic foot, he can put it on any angle he wants. Wahah~. ^3^

Sadly, that foot isn't gyroscopic Haha, I knew it was angled wrong, but I couldn't quite figure it out so I just gave up, but angled more towards us, gotcha (thanks!) I'll make his jaw broader, too. I'm not too good with faces or heads, so thanks!

Here's a face I colored. I think the highlight on her left cheek may be too low, but I don't know much about coloring. Any tips would help!

Try to add more shades and contrast ;D

Looking at reference to identify where the shadows would generally fall would help as well

Man I do have problems in face coloring as well, specially when I look into references, I'm copying their faces and it seems that they have that highlight on their cheek but there's actually none when I use eye drop, it's probably the slight blush on the lower cheek..

But no matter what I do I can't do the exact same thing!

for the crit, do some shadows in the eye whites and make the eye balls darker on the top side.

for the skin were on the same boat.

Thanks for the critiques, guys!

With this one's skin and face, I totally forgot the advice so it looks pretty terrible. *headdesk* Anyways, here it is:

I was focusing on the coloring, so the anatomy is good.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 05-24-2012 at 11:08 PM.

The shading on her jumper looks good, but be careful about the width of her upper body - think about the space her lungs would need, if that helps any. Her left land is a little wide though. Try and bring the bottom of her pelvis in line with her wrists too.

Other than that, it's looking not bad. I wouldn't get too hung up on shading the skin at this stage.

Thanks for the anatomy tips! Yeah, I kinda rushed the body to get to the coloring :/ haha, I should really slow down!

And, here's a new sketch of mine. My refernce was kind of blurry :l

I think the ear's too low (?)
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 05-24-2012 at 05:33 PM.

The ear is not necessarily too low; the thing is that the top of the face, brow eyes and ear has one perspective going, while the bottom of the face(bottom of nose, mouth, chin), the jaw and neck follows another perspective entirely. If you want more substance than that I need too see the reference

Oh, and I see you're starting to be comfortable with your tablet too (in the previous posts). That's good

I see what you mean about perspective. Sorry, I completely forgot to upload the reference. And, yes! I am getting more comfortable with a tablet