Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Color Pencil Work on Page 34

Well, these are some pencil sketches for you, Sylux.

My scanner's been acting up so there are some strange dark spots.

This is a sketch of my friend that i drew on a bus ride.

Last edited by JJJorgie; 05-06-2012 at 07:24 PM.

101 Dalmations Member Tetsuphil's Avatar
    My brain kittens are shining with love! Yawl!
    Hi,

First of all, I appreciate your art, I see that you are making effort to give life to your characters by giving poses, which is a good thing to do early. Your proportions are good but they need work.

I see that you like to draw girls, it's all you've sent up to date. It's not a bad thing of course, unless it's truly all you draw. If thats the case I'd suggest you to vary. For the dark spots, a program like photoshop or gimp could fix that if you play with the levels.

On your last two pictures:

First girl: I dunno how she is sitting, her legs sorta feel weird, it might be because of the way you drew the right foot/leg, but im not sure. And I'm not sure of what's she's doing with her hands, other than that I like it xD

Second girls: The hands need work. I suggest you to draw separate hands on a sheet to practice with pictures or your hand as reference.
    The pose is okay but her left arm feels stiff, but it's prolly cauz you wanted her to make it look like shes pulling her robe. The shoulder might not be wide enough, and the head doesnt fit like it belongs to the neck(which might be too long), but hey, it might be the way you drew the head, I dunno. It's kind of hard to say exactly, unless id do a redline study :U You also need to be a bit less narrow/lazy in your details sometimes, spend more time making curves and, unless it's the style you want to give to your shapes, stylish drawing with simple narrow spots can look great but it's up to you. Things that are close to the "screen" Need definition you know xD Cauz I can see the narrow triangle elbow.

Well to conclude, Id suggest you use guidelines for you faces and poses to make em fit. But hey, keep drawing and have fun, you're doing great!

If someone else can tell more precisely what I try to say, It'd be cool xD
    Last edited by Tetsuphil; 05-06-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks for all the advice. Neither of these are even close to completion. They're just rough sketches, both of which I did in moving vechiles explaining the crappy lines. Also, i think the second girl's hand probably would have looked a lot better if I'd had an eraser at the time, but I DO need to practice hands. I have been varying what I draw, but I've been too embarassed to post any male characters.

The first girl was the one of my friend. I just drew her how I saw her. We were both at weird angles, though. Her hands are holding each other (I think...)

A lot of people have been saying that my necks are long, but that's really just my style and when I try shortening the neck it feels weird.

I appreciate all the critiques and that you took the time to write it all. I'll definitely work on what you said!
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 05-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    Jorgie Jorgie Jorgie! ^3^ You're improving so much and fast too~! Hehe c: I'm glad you're still uploading and I love everything you draw~! <3 Though I don't think I can give anything as in depth as Tetstuphlielblah c: .

Haha, thanks! You're improving a ton, too! I love your uploads, too! Don't ever stop!

You did make cleaner work before, but many things I mentionned still apply but ill wait until the next upcoming stuff to crit :>

I'm kinda scared to post more stuff now

D'aww why? Just do it! It's good for the soul! ^3^

Quote Originally Posted by RinTezuka View Post
    D'aww why? Just do it! It's good for the soul! ^3^
    I don't wanna be off subject, but, is there a meaning behind Tetstuphlielblah? I really would like to know

And about the neck, I don't think the problem is always the lenght of those necks, think the problem is the way you draw em and connect em to the heads, but as I said, we'll see with your next stuff

Nope! And I think you replied to the wrong message xD