Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

Thanks for the advice, Shadowsfade. I'll try out some videos. I know I definitely won't master it overnight. Oh, and I'm using GIMP

Dear god I abhor the "good-ol'" GNU Image Manipulator for all other purposes than reference production and texture tilemapping modifications... But whatever floats your boat.

Well, Sylux, why don't you enlighten me. What do you prefer?

Paint tool Sai but nobody else is really with me on that. That and photoshop for image manipulations. Adobe Flash is one of my faves though for animation, and good ol' paint can do the job good sometimes.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I agree with Sylux. Paint Tool Sai is really nice for drawing and doing line work. I personally prefer Photoshop or Corel Painter for painting because they are more powerful programs but I love sketching and doing linework in SAI. It's not very expensive either. GIMP can be okay, but you really need to spend a lot of time learning it. I don't know if any one asked before, do you have a tablet you're using as well?

For me Sai is better for painting and gimp I use for linearts but idk that's me.
    And also for pointers for digital coloring...not that I'm any good at it myself, but anyway it seems you like to do cellshading and programs aside the biggest problem people seem to have with cell shading is using colors too close to one another, don't be afraid to use a darker shade. Just that makes it look alot better then ofcourse its about remembering your light source so you can carefully place the shadows.

Thanks so much for all the help! And, nisaren, I don't have a tablet. I've been using the fingerpad on my laptop.

Oh jeez that's good for the fingerpad. You oughta post some pencil sketches.

Sure thing!