Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Color Pencil Work on Page 34

The face is also pretty sharp and angular, maybe try to smooth some of contact points out a bit? Also her leg hidden by the front leg kinda just... Disappears? I think you would see a bit of it on the other side of the leg

Lastly I think a few of the clothing folds curve up a bit oddly but I'm not sure, not done enough clothing studies or even enough sketches from that angle to know :L
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Thanks for the critiques. I actually used a reference for those legs (just not the top) and that's how the leg should be. She's walking so that leg is behind the other.

Youre welcome, Is it a real life reference?

Yes

Ok then, I dunno, just looks a bit, disconnected? Can't put my finger on it :/

May be foot is too long?

I think the amount of leg hidden does look right - but yeah i think the problem probably is the foot is too long - considering where the end of the leg would be following the angle, you shouldn't really see that much of the foot - which is probably why it seemed the leg was hidden to demon

the folds look good on the shirt - though i think on our right side they're a little too 'bulgey' - trying to think how to describe it. even with folds, they'll still generally follow the bend of the body, and shouldnt be quite so circular, going in and out like you're drawing a cartoon cloud or something. sort of like in this picture: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...ctive#/d1aic7w

Thanks, Shadow. I was using the line tools (because I was being lazy) and as consequence, yep, the fold do look pretty bulgy and weird. I'm planning on editting this piece in a different program and definitely fix the folds.

Okay, here's a rough sketch:

I don't particularly like the skirt. I think it should probably bulge up a little where the tail connects to the body.

Awesome! I really don't see much at all to comment on, other than the foot to the right, the line makes it look separated. I love the placement of the tail and you drew the character really well ^_^ looking forward to the lineart and colouring