Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

I like the explorer-girl a lot, it's a nice idea to put her in front of a map like that. There's some technical errors, but that'll probably solve itself with practice, my personal opinion is that it's better to know what to drawn than to know how to draw.

A technical thing you could improve on would be to stop using short, nervous lines instead of longer, flowing ones. There are two reasons for this; 1. It simply look so much better, and 2. It forces you to use your brain to draw. Drawing is after all a mental activity and the more you think about the lines you make, the better you will become at drawing.

I really like this sketch - there's a lot of action and emotion portrayed well, and the sketchy-ness adds to the feel of the picture nice profile view of the face!

@Rubisko: Thanks very much! The sketch is a few weeks old and since then, I've been trying to use longer, smoother lines. My tablet's only 4x6 inches, so I'm finding it a little difficult, but I'll get practicing and trying different exercises along with it!

@Shadow: Thanks!! I think this is one of my best profile faces!

That sketch is pretty great. I like the sense of movement. One thing you might watch out for is when feet fold like that that you don't accidentally draw them too long. Consider what it would look like if that foot was straightened out again; it would appear longer than it should be. Just my 2 cents.

Ah I see, thanks! I'll keep that in mind!!!

you should teach me how to do foreshortening. the girl sketch is really good... clothes are well done... i don't really know what to comment on... sorry... maybe the coloring... don't be afraid to use more colors on the skin like subdued violet grey or unsaturated maroon... try to explore colors.

thank you for your comments in my work. i really appreciate them nice meeting you.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

It's nice meeting you too! And, thanks for your comments and suggestion! I'm still learning how to foreshorten, so I probably won't be that much help to you. Yeah, all my recent posts have been pretty rushed with school and homework taking up most of my day :/, but you're totally right, I need to start using more colors again!

Little piece from the GB:

Trying out a new angle. How'd I do? :/ I know the breasts look a little odd.

your pics are always so cute! i think for a "typical" female, her chin may be a little too pointy, and maybe a little too long, but thats more a stylistic choice really, and doesnt stand out too much. i think the problem with the breasts is the line in the middle curving back in on (our) left breast. the way you've drawn them makes them look slightly pushed together, and so you shouldnt really see a line curving back up like that. apart from that, i like the colour scheme and the hair, and its a really interesting angle

Nice use of contrasting colours, however I think you need to make the skin shading a bit more distinct, in some areas they blend together very finely which makes it look flat and you could have put some shading under the chin, but I love the way you shaded the hair though!