Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Color Pencil Work on Page 34

Pretty good....i think that there is no way that she can hold a sword like that....if the handle isnt somehow 'bent'. Other than the that pretty good.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thanks, Gedeon. I haven't drawn a lot of swords in various positions, but I'll work on matching the hands with the handle more.

Here's something from the Oekaki:

I definitely need to work on backgrounds. Also, the coat seems sort of flat and it's folds probably aren't correct. I tried to make it look more 3D, but it didn't work. Any ideas on how to make it pop?

Looking awesome I think the folds on the jacket, in regards to 3D maybe you could try making the difference between the shading and the colours of the jacket more distinct rather than flowing together?

This isn't really a critique, more a suggestion; the trees I feel could be a bit taller (they look stunted), obviously this is up for speculation because you have to take into consideration species, conditions/weather and distance away from the character (+ more), but I would have expected them to be taller as they don't look like they are miles away, also on the trees on the left and in the to right corner you could try to indicate the trunks

Hope this helped somewhat
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

@Demonfyre: that did help!

Oh gosh, I completely killed my thread! Well, I back with a lineart:

Raz sketched the face in the GB and I just kind of built off his sketch Anyways, the wings aren't too great, but their outline is probably going to be temporary once I color this.

Wow it looks great the only things I find are that the shoulders look quite broad, but that could be due to the shoulder pads. Also with the swords the blade kind of moves out words before then curving back in, with those types of swords you tend to find its just one continuous slope backwords, for example;

SPOILER! :

I can't really suggest anything for the wings as I'm useless at them myself but I think they look good keep up the good work, and don't let your thread die :P
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Thanks so much for commenting!!! Yeah, I think the armor is what's making the shoulders appear broad. The sword design is my own original version

I'll try not to let it die again!!!

As far as bird wings go, it would really help you if you'd just take a little time and find a couple images of bird wings. Here's one that may help you.

SPOILER! :

Using reference will really help you get a convincing wing design.

Nice! you drew the feathers pretty well. Continuing with nisaren's comment, here's a pic i got linked on like one of my first pics here in relation to wings - breaks down the structure (the 'secondaries' feathers tend to stay together, like you can see in nisaren's pics, whereas the 'primaries' can spread out, again as you can see in the pic): http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/img/ba...-feathers.jpeg

The hands seem a little big - I think this is due to how far back you've bent the fingers - the position they're in (as in how far down the palm they go), they'd have to be bent flat in an empty hand, but they're holding swords so the tips shouldnt be quite as far down the hand. Also, the middle line for the leg seems a bit too straight for a leg. Love the armor design though - and ithink the shoulders look fine, from the slope of the shoulder and beginning of the arm, you can kinda tell that the shoulders arent that wide

Thanks, guys!!! Those wing references are great! I'll try to work on that later today!!

Shadowsfade: I'm going to start drawing bigger hands, but I see what you mean about the fingers. I'll try to shorten them

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    My suggestion is that if you want to improve your style from here you should play with the line weights. Thicker lines away from the light source and thinner towards it? Or thick lines outlining the piece and thinner lines inside? Places where the line fades out and in? Just choose something like this and integrate it in. It will make your lines seem a lot more natural.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo