Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

You've pretty much pointed out everything that I noticed other than maybe the right breast starts going up in a long straight line and that it starts heading upwards too early I think, the left one looks right hope that makes sense :P good job for your first GB colouring :P hope I can join you when I get my tablet

Edit: Oh also, because you have the arm lifted you would see a bit of the tendon* at the armpit being stretched so you could put a line running parallel with the arm and curving to meet the breast

* I think
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-18-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks! I was thinking about that tendon line, but I wasn't for sure about the placement. I do hope you get that tablet soon

If i'm lucky I should have one by Wednesday... hopefully, and as long as I don't start regretting the decision :P yeah that tendon line can be hard to place, I have had little success with its placement in my attempts :/

I saw this one! Its very nice. And you did well on her midsection/legs. The GB coloring tools will become easier as you use them more!
    This one only has a few small issues, easily fixable.

These are just things i noticed. I may be totally wrong!

1. The straps going over her breasts should follow the curve OF the breasts

2. her left (our right) eye is smaller than the other one, but you noticed that already.

3. The problem with her arm is that her armpit area is too fat. Her tricep area should keep its narrow-ness(is that even a word) all the way until connecting to the breast line

4. The crotch folds in her shorts already work, but it looks unnatural somehow. maybe get rid of the middle line on the thigh closest to us?

Please keep it up. MT went a long time without artists who actually wanted to improve and stuck around THOSE WERE DARK AGES

Hahaha, thanks so very much for the critiques and encouragement! I'm going to go fix those things up right quick right now!

Here it is:

I tried fixing the eyes, but I might have made them worse. Oops, and I forgot to add the tendon/armpit line thingy
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 06-18-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Here's a picture that I did the Oekaki contest going on right now. I already had to recolor it twice because it won't send in, so I decided to just snip it off the screen and have it as a drawing.

I'm aware she has no ears or eyebrows. Her lips and nose were supposed to be black, but some layers merged and I had to erase a lot of white and I just didn't get all of it. Also, it seems like the body and the head just don't fit together, but I don't know why.

The girl with the peacock headdress looks awesome apart from what you've already mentioned I can't see anything wrong with it, you could possibly have added some more creases in the dress around the breasts base if you wished also with this head and body not fitting together maybe if you added a more rounded muscle on the shoulder of the left arm so it's like with the right arm if you know what I mean? Maybe that would work

And you already mentioned everything on your other drawing and you fixed the breast looking forward to your next picture
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-20-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks for the critiques and comments! I should have another one up shortly!

Here's a perspective practice sketch. It's still a WIP. I know some of the lines are a tad off from the vanishing point, but it's kind of hard to do with a line tool (I haven't found one on GIMP). Is there anything that sticks out really bad?

I have no idea what's with the giant lamps on the side of the street

Also, a pretty dumb question: How do I change the title of the thread?
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 06-22-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Double click the thread Only problem is its very sketchy, for perspective drawings involving lots of straight lines I recommend a graphics board for sceneries which are clean and box like, fortunately I spent the majority of graphics at school constructing sceneries and a graphics board really sped up the process it's also helpful with 2-3point perspectives and a variety of other stuff

However it cannot help with everything it will help with the clean straight lines but if you were to add say a flower in a garden you would then need to use your own understanding and skills to draw the flowers :P hope this helped
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-22-2012 at 03:28 AM.