Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: JJJorgie's Realm of Art- Character Design Feedback

james said most of the stuff i was gonna say, but the only other thing i can see is that the perspective on her face is slightly wrong. her eyes are mostly fine, but the eye closest to us should be slightly closer to the center of her face, and the mouth and nose should be higher up. also, from this angle, the ears should be especially prominent.

hope it helps :3

Thanks, WRA. I think the eyes look in perspective. There's nothing really I can do about the facial features at this point. Next time'll be better.

Okay, here's a picture I did for my little sister's friend. The legs and arms of the girl on the right are wacky because my hand was wigging out when I was trying to ink it.

I had a lot of fun with the clothes and the background!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    That girl on the right is pretty tall, as she stands 7 heads. Most women ... Are less. Not sure what it is exactly though.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

What BB said and you already mentioned the legs but you also have thin hips especially when the right character is almost 7 heads tall and like ram pointed out to me, your hips width = shoulder width (however he also said this could be stylistic thing) you could try to increase the hip width so the hip width is larger than the shoulder width or reduce the shoulder width a fraction (however I think the shoulders look good as they are)

Definitly looking very good, especially since you fitted two characters into the same scene and the colouring, clothing and background just conveys fun to me xD I hope this helped you
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    That girl on the right is pretty tall, as she stands 7 heads. Most women ... Are less. Not sure what it is exactly though.
    Most artists accept 8 heads as the ideal for males, and slightly less than 8 (around 7 and 2/3) for females, so I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call BS on that one Bacon, 7 heads is perfectly alright.

Anyway JJ, I really like the psychadelic patterns, especially the yellow and purple pants Your line art is really blocky, but the colors and patterns are smooth, so I'm kind of wondering why. I know that PS got this pencil tool that I really don't know why it's there, because the brush tool is so much better for everything. The pencil is a bit blocky if I remember correctly, and I don't really know how the tools in GIMP work, but maybe it could be because something like that? If not you should try to draw in the highest resolution possible without slowing your computer down (well, you should try to do that anyway, cause it's nicer, and nicer means more satisfying)

Edit: @Demonfyre: Sionce I've already left a critique on BB:s critique I might as well do the same to you :P I'm really rude today
    Hips are never(or maybe I should say rarely to be perfectly sure) wider than the width of shoulders on a real woman, so that's a stylistic thing.
    Last edited by Rubisko; 06-15-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks for clearing that up Rubisko. The reason the hips are thin is because the girls are my 12 sister and her friend. Also, the lineart's blocky because it was done traditionally and was scanned in, but my scanner's really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    @Demonfyre: Sionce I've already left a critique on BB:s critique I might as well do the same to you :P I'm really rude today
    Hips are never(or maybe I should say rarely to be perfectly sure) wider than the width of shoulders on a real woman, so that's a stylistic thing.
    tell that to pear-shaped women

structurally, the pelvic bone is never wider than the shoulders, but excess of fat and/or shape of the body can make the hips wider than the shoulders. women store fat primarially on the hips ,thighs, tummy, breasts between the shoulder blades so an overweight women/ women who stores fat on the thighs and hips more than anywhere else will have wider hips than shoulders.

@Rubisko - Yes and I did say it's stylistic but still its something to look out for hence why I pointed it out in my post :L and what WRA said :P oh isn't biology a wonderful subject

@JJ - Ah that makes sense
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-16-2012 at 08:55 AM.

This was the first time I colored on the GB! The colorings not the best since I'm not that familiar with the GB's tools. Her eyes are different size (oops) and her left arm looks kinda wierd. Oh, and I also forgot highlights.