Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shoujo Rin's Atelier

Cute!!! You might want to try making the waist and hips all 1 smooth line.

lovin ur perspective on the legs they look really good! those two inner lines you placed on the groin don't need to be there though.
    also, since shes female, the deltoids(muscles positioned at the top of the arm) don't need to bulge out so much.

her body seems slightly out of proportion with her head. unless it's drawn that way for a reason, the general rule of thumb is to make the shoulders, starting from the center of the neck, 2 head's width in length. hope this helps

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    Wahahaha~! Thank you so much for the critique! Although the head is meant to be a bit larger because it's my own anime style I'm getting into, nyuhu. Sorry! Gotta go!

Okay everyone, I'm really not good at colouring but if I hope to improve I have to give it a shot. Does anyone have any good ideas for colouring techniques in Paint Tool Sai? Mainly because I can't seem to get it looking right, shading is difficult to place. I'll upload a cell shading image next, hopefully you'll know where I went wrong. *The Chest* Wahahaha~.

^ Don't forget the upload above this one.

Please critique my colouring D: I'm very new to shadow placement.

You did a great job on the coloring, really you did. However, I think the one above your newest addition looks a bit like if Powder tried to get a spray tan, and didn't do all that great. I think you should darken the lighter areas of his face and neck a little. However that's just my opinion.

i love the line art on ur ginger character ^3^! however, you r missing a few shadows here and there. the light appears to be originating from the upper-left hand corner, so his right cheek and right shoulder should have larger shadows than the left one.

on your second character, his head is a bit wrong in the placement. also, his colouring does'nt appear harmonious, which makes it less asthetically pleasing, but ur folds all appear to be spot on! great work!

This isn't about coloring, but the newest ones left arm looks really short. When people put their hand on their hip, it usually sticks out the side. From the look of it, I'd say you were trying to make it look like it was back, which would be very uncomfortable in real life. Also, the left (our right) hand is upside-down. The thumb should be on top.

Thank you all for the critiques. It really does help. I can see quite clearly the shortness of the left arm and the shading on both is significantly out of place xD Here's concept design for a manga me and my friend are working on. It's called Tenshi no Tetsuya (Angel's All Night Vigil). I can see something off with the right arm and the legs are horrible. I need more variety in pants and should probably practice placement more.

The one on our right's right (his) arm needs to be angled lower. The way the arm is angled kind of upwards would make the arm visible above the other's shoulder and probably position the hand differently. It'd be just a minor fix, but angling it downward would really help! ( Hope you could understand this! xD )