Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Shoujo Rin's Atelier

OH SNAP

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    I was doing this for a friends birthday although that has passed a bit from now. So I want to just get it done and give it to her. I guess I'm okay with Fluttershy's anatomy, but I need help with perspective. I want it to look more like she's leaning against a wall looking down a hallway but it's facing up too much. Any idea on how to fix this?

Sorry, I don't know how to help you, but I wanted to say that this is super cute and really good so far!

this is looking good! the upper torso seems a bit to forshortened.

Haha thanks, yeah. I did kinda notice that..

I think it looks good as it is, I can't see anything wrong with the perspective, however i'm no expert :/ my sister would love this picture :P

SPOILER! :

Yeah, so to answer your question about perspective; it's all about the placement of the horizon line. You'll get it from the picture^. Push it down even further if you want less floor.

Second thing is that the spine of the upper torso don't match up with where the spine is supposed to protrude from the lower torso. Again, picture.

And yeah, I want to endorse you for drawing stuff based on more simple geometry like this, even though I really doesn't understand the fascination a lot of people seem to have for the subject matter. I think it will help you a lot with the understanding on how to draw stuff in 3d-space

Aaaah thank you! This helps so much! Haha. The perspective alone is enough to get me going for next time I try an angle like that. Haha, and I was kind of just experimenting with Fluttershy's angle but yeah, I should start considering the spine. Huhu, well, I'll continue to practice ^3^

Practising painting in photoshop and female bodies. Haha, Critiques please? c:

Great job!!! Two things real quick: You might want to make the hip a tad wider on her left side (our right) and her right hand looks a little broken.

And, not that great at critiquing coloring