Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoujo Rin's Atelier

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    Ahaa, oh wow, thank you for noticing that @Post #16. That gives me quite a bit to fix up and hopefully it will all turn out, I honestly never would have noticed the problem with the hips and shoulders. And for Post #11, That's basically the first time I've ever done a background with a drawing that wasn't a vector with the pen tool. I could try using a grid and see how it comes out. Thanks for taking the time to write that~.

Here's another thing I've been working on. I went over the initial sketch so it would be more like line art and I was hoping if you could tell me if any of the proportions are out of if anything is misplaced so I can fix it before I colour it. I'm not exactly good at critiquing my own work. Thank you~.

I know it's not the best, but I've never drawn interior before. I tried to go for a smashed up room kind of feel but lack the imagination required to draw a large variety of things. I guess there isn't a lot to critique in this image but it would be nice to get some ideas and suggestions to kick start my membrane.

Better than any perspective work that I've ever done! Though, if you're going for a smashed up room, maybe go for some scratches or cracks on the wall...?

Ooooh, I was going to do that but I'm lazy when it comes to art which is why I sketch. Haha, kidding, I just love the look of sketches, but I'll try it out~! And add some blood! Wahahaha~

Oh yes. Blood's always good!

First drawing I have ever coloured and I'm quite proud of it! I'll keep practising and hopefully be good enough to actually get noticed. I think I need more shading on the skin...

Hey, nice coloring job. It turned out pretty nicely although I agree that there needs to be more shading on the skin. Pretty awesome for your first attempt.

Looking at your interior drawing in post #23, I really think you need to take the time to study perspective. I added some quick perspective lines over top your piece to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Oh thanks! Although I am fairly unfamiliar with perspective and I'm currently learning it in VCD. Sorry! Gotta go!

No need to apologize. I'm not sure what you mean by "VCD" but learning perspective isn't terribly difficult. Just takes a little practice. It can get a bit complex when you get past 3 point perspective to 4-5 point perspective though.