Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar

My Little Pony

Is there anything good about this show or are people saying they like it just to be ironic? Is it like teenage dudes wearing Hello Kitty apparel? I've been looking up stuff about this all day and I've been told that there's "good character development" and crap but I have my doubts considering a non-sequitur show usually has zero character development. Mainly because most plot arcs aren't even canon. Also the cookie-cutter character archetypes...

So what's with the popularity of this show? Would it have anything to do with the fact that it's partly a meme? Seems that way:

It's really weird to see a community so vehemently against fur fandom get into a show about anthropomorphized ponies.

Remember sonic fans? If you do, you might understand this phenomenon.

I saw 7 episodes because I know people who liked it, and I really wanted to be part of their chatting. But to be honest, it was pretty boring, I think I only saw 1 or 2 jokes that were worthing in the show and for my, 2 good material from 7 episodes its an awful deal.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I mean I'm trying to hard to find what it is that people like about it. The backstory is more developed than most kids' shows, but significantly less developed than most teens' shows. And so far I fail to see any character development as each of the characters is defined by their design archetype (like most cartoons).

I'm pretty sure it's a joke that got out of hand. I was at my friends house a few weeks ago flipping through the TV channels trying to find something to watch and one of the episodes was playing; we decided to watch a bit of it to see what the hype was about. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it. It was like any other cartoon for children, so I'm not sure where all this popularity comes from.

I'm just gonna stay out of this thread, but just know that I like it, Cype, and so does Sparky, Hamachi, and Joosh

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    I'm just gonna stay out of this thread, but just know that I like it, Cype, and so does Sparky, Hamachi, and Joosh
    I like your argument about why the show is good.

I'm not going to make a fucking argument. I've made so many it's not actually even funny anymore (yeah, it was funny at one point). Brony hate was novelty at first, but now it's getting fucking old. I actually changed my avatar just so I wouldn't be pointed out for being a brony.

I belive you just did an argument. Also, go to work in the edition of the script.

A'ight, got it open now.

Have you ever mentioned what it is about the show that you find appealing? I think every post I've read of your "defending" the show has always been telling people to fuck off while acting so hard-done-by.