Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    "But yeah. In my opinion, you should watch Season 2 Episodes 12 before you make any further judgments. The episode right after that was awful, but I keep watching with the hopes of stumbling across a good episode. It happens every so often." Dang quotes are messing up...

Baby Cakes isn't that bad. I guess. Because Pinkie was in it.
    Last edited by Rainbow_Dash; 04-19-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
    I would have liked a more adventurous feel and some some consistent antagonists (as Faust was planning to do) but they opted out on that in favor slice-of-life content more fitting for filler material. They also should've made gaining those magical doo-dads everyone got by Episode 2 of the first season a lot harder. Friendship is something people work on - everything would have made more sense if they had slowly earned those. You know, the first half should have established friendships while the second half involved journeying far away for the magical MacGuffin and whatnot.
    I'm not even going to lie, I thought about making a Zelda style game based off of the Elements of Harmony. God did I want more episodes to be like Spike going on the dragon migration.

Except for the fact that he got sidetracked by a bunch of deviant adolescent dragons for most of the entire episode. We still have no idea about his origins.

But yeah; I would have preferred a lot more adventure and traveling. I vaguely recall watching Princess Ponies in preschool and was all like
    SPOILER! :
    OH GAWSH THEY ALL HAVE MAGIC SPARKLEY WANDS THAT SHOOT RAINBOWS AND FREEZE LAVA MONSTERS!!!

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    To be honest, if this was as good as Foster's Home I would be a Brony, too

They just put dis on netflix should I watch it

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    It does seem a lot like it's liked ironically. I allso think there's a nostalgia factor going on here like all these guys are trying to remember and relive their youth in this cartoon. I've watched what there is on demand and it's an ok show but I'd still rather watch the new thundercats or young justice. Notch the creator of minecraft said recently that he was very against the show at one point but admits that he actually doesn't mind the show and it is something he'd like his children if he had any to watch but there's nothing really special about it.

A joke that got out of hand or a movement of men showing their femanine side by declaring something incredibly girlie as acceptable and desirable.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    @Jubeh I dunno. I went out of my way to watch it out of curiosity. I'm nearing the end of Season 1 now and I don't think I will go on, except maybe checking out S2E12 like Hamachi recommended. It doesn't really stand out as much as Faust's other work. Like the whole time I'm very aware that I'm watching a kids' show and the kids show cues are very obvious. It doesn't quite do as good as job as Adventure Time in terms of transcending kid/adult entertainment.

@Psy Man I wish they'd show their feminine sides some other way. Bronyism can border on the plain creepy in some cases. Things like sewing, cooking, etc. are gender neutral hobbies but this is so deep into the little girls territory that it can't be anything but ironic, you know what I mean.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 04-19-2012 at 11:29 PM.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I'd blame it on the gender binary imposed by society. As a boy you aren't supposed to play with Barbie because it's a girls thing and often ridiculed for it so when you grow up and have the option of expressing this like it gets out of hand because it was so repressed.

No I ripped off Barbie heads as a kid so I played with 'em alright

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    I'm watching the first episode, and it seems interesting to me for whatever reason.

after:
    its quite amusing.
    Last edited by AlmanacnamedTime; 04-20-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.