Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Yeah I think the whole point of GL really was just eschewing the whole trend of "the grittier, more realistic and less melodramatic something is, the better" that we've been seeing in a lot of recent anime for the sake of some good 'ol '80s style nonsense.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Ok after a little conversation with a customer just now at work I'm finding out that there's an increase in brownies getting into art because the MLP fan art is going for crazy high amounts (like $6,000) and they want a piece of that. Came about because her son and his friends are bronies and it's a thing to do the fan art now to.

Brownies getting into art eh

Six thousand? I wouldn't pay that much for anything short of a house or, pushing it, a car (then again, I'm probably not cut out to be an art appreciator).

If guys are into MLP to show off their feminine side, as has been said before, there are many other ways to do so. That said, I don't want to bash on MLP because, from what I've seen of it, it honestly has some darn good animation. Personally, I may have liked it at a younger age, but now, after being exposed to the likes of Durarara, I can't even watch stereotypical shonen anime anymore, much less MLP.

I admit, I have yet to watch S2E12. So I'll check that out and see if my opinion changes.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Where the Hell can you buy a house for $6,000?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Finally watched the season finale. Shit was tits. And now we wait for S3.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    That's another thing that confuses me. My Little Pony fandom originated in a community (chan) that, for the longest time, thought anything with anthropomorphic animals as characters was evidence of furry fandom and bashed sonic (even though Sonic has a justifiably large fanbase considering it had 3 shows and a billion games) fans under that assumption. Yet being a fan of talking ponies, writing questionable fanfics about said ponies, suggesting said talking ponies have sexual relationships, often drawing many things in pony form, etc. are regular parts of the MLP fandom and is well embraced by the same community.

That kind of just irks me a little bit.

/mlp/

But FWIW I'm not a clopper. If I'm going to do things to MLP stuff they're going to be humans with strange hairstyles and tattoos, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Where the Hell can you buy a house for $6,000?
    I meant I wouldn't pay more than that much for anything but a house.

i hate to break it to you but a lot of things cost way more than 6k