Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend Some Good and Happy Manga

you have a twisted sense of humour. but in a way, i agree because they're such comnplete dickheads

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'll start reading Fairy Tail. Is it well-written or standard shonen-action fare (or well-written shonen-action fare)?
    well written action-comedy thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

There's only three volumes of it, and I don't know if it's still in print since Tokyo Pop is gone, but Van Von Hunter was pretty funny and light-hearted.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Haven't got too far in Fairy Tail yet, Free Collars Kingdom is... uh... well, anyway, I'll try Van Von Hunter next.

On another note, Durarara is exactly what I was looking for. It's written very well and covers some genuinely interesting topics. It subverted standard anime cliches throughout and touched on some interesting philosophical points. It had a great cast of characters with their own strengths and weaknesses. It presented them not as the stereotypes you see in most anime, but as actual characters: people whose lives you cared about and whose stories you wanted to see.

Was it happy? I thought so. But I talked with a friend at lunch earlier today and he said he quit halfway through because it was too dark and that he wanted to watch something happier: Sora no Otoshimono. I stopped reading Wolfsmund in favor of a happier anime or manga, but wanted something with Wolfsmund's writing quality. My friend stopped watching what I went to in favor of something that was undoubtedly happier, but also very shallow and cliche-driven.

So I suppose I can pinpoint what I'm looking for a bit better now: something that's not shallow and cliche-driven (and contains most of what Durarara did), but has more hope to it than Wolfsmund. A lot more, preferably.

Ouran High School Host Club is very well written (in my opinion), funny, and happy.