Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamdrank's art.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar

Redlined. You really hyperextended the right buttocks on the first one.

Also, you need to have more confidence in your lines.

Banned
    Bacon Barbarian: I'll ink something soon since my sketching isn't coming out too well.

Joosh: Lol I am not really going to say if i'm that or not, but you can use your imagination.

Sean Long: I hope I get a new scanner soon for you I tried heighting the contrast but think I did it wrong.

Cypress: Thanks for the red line I see the right leg is messed up now. Also i'll try being more sketchier and bolder with the next drawing.

Thanks guys.

Banned
    I am trying to copy Shinkiro's style from now on. Prepare for alot of semi-realistic potraits as I style explore!

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Ah, since you're going into this kind of style, you definitely need to focus on one thing: CONTRAST. If you observe his work, he uses plenty of contrast and dark, definite lines to create the semi-realistic effect. Here, I've touched this up a bit to show you how effective a bit of contrast + some strong lines can be:

Banned
    Lol I see, I need alot of work. Going to use a B pencil then. Going for a almost fullbody pic next. Thanks going to try to vary the contrast.

Banned
    Just an old sketch to bump my thread, not doing too well with copying Shinkiro atm.

I like where your style's going--looks like I'll have another artist to stalk here. Could you draw darker, though? Or at least play with the exposure in Photoshop or Gimp.

Banned
    Thanks Matt I think I darken this one too btw.

So the copying of his style is going ok, tried to darken it like you guys said. Btw the first one I drew was my own it's Kohaku from Melty Blood. This one is a copy of Athena from KoF; the eyes are a little off. Trying to go like Idnar http://idnar.deviantart.com/ or the original artist http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_capcom-vs-snk-2_a.html or my own spin to it. Linking Shinkiro and Idnar because Shinkiro made the style up and Idnar copied sorta well. Also so you guys can critque me easier.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Is there something underneath her ear? Because if there isn't hair there, then you've pretty much cut into her skull.

I honestly would give you feedback, but I cannot see a thing. I recommend inking or lowering brightness and raising contrast on your scanning options. I'm sure it is worth critiquing, so I must see it! :S