2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Rock Shooter OVA-Monster

1 50.00%
  • Angel Beats!-Without You

1 50.00%

Thread: AMV Critique?

ScantyXKneesocks

Lightbulb AMV Critique?

Hey there, I'm an ameture video editor and I was wondering if you could tell me how to make some of mine better. That would be a really great help if you could. I can't provide the direct videos due to certain matters...but I promise these links are virus free!

Black Rock Shooter OVA-Monster: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...w.php?v=186992

Angel Beats! Without You (Short): http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...w.php?v=186974

Thank you!
    ~HavanaLee
    Last edited by ScantyXKneesocks; 04-28-2012 at 02:02 PM.

So now bots want crits

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I doubt he's a bot.
    Tho this should go in the Anime and manga section ( pretty sure since the A in AMV is for animated right? ) you will probably get a better response there since some of the members stick to specific areas.
    On another note you will probably get a better response if you post the videos here directly instead of links.

I though this should go in the tutorial section.

ScantyXKneesocks
    @Psy: Thanks for the support, but I'm a girl. I can directly post one of them here, I'll do that later. But the site the other one is one doesn't have an HTML option. It would be helpful if you could tell me another way.

@Clockhand: I'll think about that next time I post. And you mean thought right? You accidentally put though.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    The only way I know is to upload a video to a video sharing website like YouTube then use the URL to post it here in the video player option. There is allways going to be copyright laws to consider and I know YouTube can be a hardass when it comes to such things so there's the chance it could be taken down but I'd still try. Just make sure the discription has all the info and you state you don't own any of the songs used or images (unless it's an original piece made by you or that you commissioned from someone) so they cant say anything to you except take the video down.
    Plus having a YouTube acct and getting some fans wouldn't be so bad now would it?
    There's other video sharing sites but I'm not familiar with any my self but I'm sure you could find something to use. Maybe even photobucket? I think they do videos . . . I think.

Quote Originally Posted by HavanaLee View Post
    @Psy: Thanks for the support, but I'm a girl. I can directly post one of them here, I'll do that later. But the site the other one is one doesn't have an HTML option. It would be helpful if you could tell me another way.

@Clockhand: I'll think about that next time I post. And you mean thought right? You accidentally put though.
    Aight, numero uno Clock is a native Spanish speaker. He misspells stuff a lot.

Numero dos, be like this guy.

ScantyXKneesocks
    @Psy: In fact, I do have a YouTube account, and I just changed the second one to HTML. But I won't be able to upload the Black Rock Shooter AMV to YouTube until next weekend, sorry about that. I don't have easy access to photobucket for complicated reasons.
    Last edited by ScantyXKneesocks; 04-17-2012 at 05:59 PM.

1st video
    The text on the bottom right is aligned in a weird way (in between the video image and the border)... It might be slightly distracting if it's placed that way. Either place the text aligned close to the left edge without going over the border, or place it on the left border, but don't overflow into the video image.

Try to crop out the watermarks on the top left corner. I'm not sure if the embedded subtitles were intentional, but if it isn't, it's better to crop it out, since there are some really picky viewers that nitpick over things like that).

Good sense of timing and it suits the songs lyrics and atmosphere. It might be better to not use long clips too often, since the song has a strong beat and moderate pace. Overall, it's pretty good.

2nd video
    Nothing much to critique on. Pacing, placement, and etc. were all good. ^^

ScantyXKneesocks
    Quote Originally Posted by lildevilinhell View Post
    1st video
    The text on the bottom right is aligned in a weird way (in between the video image and the border)... It might be slightly distracting if it's placed that way. Either place the text aligned close to the left edge without going over the border, or place it on the left border, but don't overflow into the video image.

Try to crop out the watermarks on the top left corner. I'm not sure if the embedded subtitles were intentional, but if it isn't, it's better to crop it out, since there are some really picky viewers that nitpick over things like that).
    Thanks for that, but I don't exactly have the best editing software but I'mm trying something new out anyways. Let's hope that works.