Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gaff Occasionally Draws.

loving the new stuff Gaff, keep up the awesome work!

Thank you Should hopefully get something else up soon.

Art for a friend's twitch.tv channel, showing some of the games he's been streaming.

(Click for larger)

Tried to focus on detailing mainly just the areas that were most important and fading out the parts that didn't matter so much, although in practice I think I just got obsessed with doing the faces and lost my way on the truck and the monster hunter dude.

Working on a League of Legends themed channel art thing for one of my other friends. Pride before a fall and all that, but I'm pleased with how this is going so far as (wings aside), I've managed to get to this point without any reference material for the pose.

Last edited by Gaff; 08-31-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: switched to better quality image

This is probably my most successful attempt at drawing a hand, ever.

SPOILER! :

I really like the shading of the dress!! It looks like real silk! I know that the perspective has the front leg bigger since it's closer to the "camera", but the upper body just looks too small proportionally. I believe this is because the arm is soo short. To me, the arm doesn't really fit with the rest of the body.

Hope this helps! Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Yeah, you're right enough. Had a feeling there was something up with the arm, but I think I'd been staring at the picture for too long to see it.

Still to reshape the sleeve, but I've tried adding a bit of length to her upper arm:
    SPOILER! :

Would greatly appreciate a second opinion on Spidey's left arm. I've struggled to get decent reference for this one and I fear I may have dislocated his shoulder...

SPOILER! :

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Hmmm. I would say his arm is indeed looking a bit yanked forward and out of perspective. I'd say to fix it either move it back a bit (more behind his head), get rid of it altogether as the perspective on his hand is already extreme, or kind of toss it back behind his back also at an extreme perspective.

I'm kind of horrible at explaining these things through words so if you want me to go over with some red, I think that'd explain what I mean better lol.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I'd like to keep the arm for this one if I can - the plan was to base it on the cover of the old Spiderman Megadrive game, so I'd like to stick close to the pose on that, without just replicating it completely (times have moved on).

If you can be bothered redlining though, I'd be interested to see it, cheers.