Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gaff Occasionally Draws.

This one turn out pretty good man, there's a very nice shinkiro vibe to them.

This is just a suggestion, but maybe you can try adding a little more red to areas where skin are thinner. Right now the colours that you are using for the skin seems a bit monotone. Just try varying things up a bit I think may help liven up your drawings.

Ah, fair does - I had a feeling the skintone wasn't quite cutting it, but I didn't know what else to try. I'll give that a go, thanks.

Edit: Embarrassingly, I had to google Shinkiro (I know his work, but I didn't recognise the name). That is high praise indeed, thank you

Tried to blend in some red around the cheeks, kneecaps, fingertips and so-on, but I'm not sure if I went far enough with it. At any rate, I'm hoping to avoid going from greyscale to colour next time round, so hopefully it might be easier if I try to think more about varying the colours right from the start.

Finished image for comparison. And the process:

A new thing.

SPOILER! :

There's nothing I hate more than an internet popularity contest, but I've painted this for the Tokyo Otaku Mode's Steins;Gate t-shirt design contest, and the outcome is partly decided by facebook likes. So if you could take 30 seconds to click the link and like it on their page, I'd really appreciate it. There's also a process video for this one coming up, if anyone's interested. Thanks!

Link to Tokyo Otaku Mode.

voted, good luck

Thank you, sir

Bbbl...I'm gonna be annoying but if I think the girl at the middle would fall, her body seems to be leaning our direction...Anyway I reaaaally love this pic and I idea Keep making stuffs =D I love that Kirurakiru pic too ;p

Now that the TOM contest is firmly in the past, I've finally got the Steins;Gate painting finished and uploaded the process video. It's kind of a catalogue of errors, but I got there in the end.

(Click for larger)

I think that looks super great, Gaff! My only critique is that the end nose of the big head looks a little small/narrow in proportion to the rest of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thanks

I take your point about the nose as well - I was trying to make it fairly small, but I've gone a bit too far with that.