Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaff Occasionally Draws.

This is looking freakin' awesome so far! You already pointed out her foreshortened arm, sooo....I might be wrong, but I feel the leg closest to us is just a little bit too big. In the least, I think her ankle is slightly too thick...but I again, I could be wrong.

I really like the color scheme.

And I have to say I'm in love with your current Icon/Avatar, which is totally off subject.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Thank you

But yeah, I think you're right about the leg. I'd asked some other people as well and the general consensus seems to be that her legs are too big compared to the torso and head. It doesn't come as a huge surprise - I was struggling to nail that pose from the get go.

Incidentally, my avatar is a promo still from Bowie's single for "Be My Wife", if you're interested

Usually, when you see the 'Draw This Again' meme, there's a gap of two or three years, right? In true Spinal Tap fashion, mine goes all the way up to eleven.

Just wish I could remember what she was called.

Wow, great improvement!! On the newest, her hands are different sizes and her closer arm is too short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Yeah, I noticed the hands just after I'd posted it, much to my annoyance. I'd missed the arm though, so I'll need to get that sorted as well.

Cheers

I want to call this done as far as the artwork's concerned, but I'm not sure about that logo. Might add black to the bottom of the gradient.

Damn, there is nothing un-awesome about that O_O the only thing I think is worth pointing out is that the woman's left arm looks too short. Maybe play about with the foreshortening a bit more to break the illusion?

Ah, good call. I was kind of fixated on the right arm to the point where I wasn't really thinking about the left one anymore. I've got the logo to a point where I'm happier with it now, so I'll see if I can sort it out when I go back to change that.

Ended up taking work on holiday with me, so decided I'd finish this in a bid to preserve my sanity. Painted entirely on the ipad.

Originally, she had a flower in her hair, but I couldn't get it to look convincing, so in the end I just dropped it. Could probably do with widening the 'halo' effect more across her shoulders and I've just noticed that errant strand of black coming off her hair...

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.