Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaff Occasionally Draws.

Ah, thanks for taking the time to redline - I was already planning to redo the fingers, but the thumb's been giving me some trouble. I kind of hit on the grey shading by accident (I didn't like my first colour scheme, so I started desaturating everything) and I'd left it at that as I wanted the colours to be quite neutral, but seeing the purple colour in the shadows gives it a real neon lighting look. That intrigues me enough to want to do something with it...

Did some work on her fingers the other night - ideally I want them wrapped round the butt of the pistol, rather than straight across. I've not tried adding more colour into the shadows yet either, but I want to have a basic character sheet-type version finished before I try anything too fancy.

Present for a friend of mine (Stargate is her favourite show):

Not too happy with the shape of the hair, but I've kinda painted in the outline now so I dunno if there's much I can do to change it. Otherwise, not going too badly so far.

Whoa! I like the kinda spongy-ish texture! The ear's a bit hard to see and it looks a little small and low (but I don't have your ref, so I'm not for sure). Maybe try to define it slightly more (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Yeah, I think you're right about the ear. I wasn't able to fill it in properly at the time, as I'd run out of flesh-toned paint and I didn't want to mix any more, but I'll see if I can make it a little larger when I go back to it.

Can you post a picture of your reference? That would help compare the two, but I think this is looking good so far. Are you going to post it again when you've got more done?
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Sure thing. The lighting has much more contrast in the original, but I don't think I'll try to copy that.

But yeah, I'll post it again once I've done more to it. I've started putting his shirt in, but I've not been back to the ear yet.

Wow! You can really tell it's the same dude! Yeah, it's looking great so far. Though, I think his forehead is a little bigger in the photograph.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Something else I've been working on.

Line weight might be a bit too chunky, I dunno.

I think the lineweight looks fine, except that the girl's hand and forearm may look a little better with thinner lines. Also, I think her mouth is a little too low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!