Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaff Occasionally Draws.

These new videos are pretty cool Good job on them! On this latest one, the hand on the right's pointer finger, maybe bend it a little. Just to make it look like his gripping the gun more to match his facial expression (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thank you

And yeah, the fingers could probably do with a bit more work. I did that last one in a rush and I didn't spend as long on the hands as I really should have done.

One of my favorite movies of all time. Good job on Deckard. I'm planning on painting Roy Batty myself.

Very nice linework, though I think it would benefit you to mess around with varying line width to give the illusion of depth, you know, thicker/thinner lines on foreground type of thing. I donno, I think maybe it would be kind of fun.

Yeah, normally I would try to vary the line width a bit more, but I dunno - I seem to find it easier to do that when I'm working in SAI rather than photoshop.

Something new. One of the other boards was a running a contest along the lines of 'draw your own character in the style of a different artist'. I thought this was a really interesting idea, but I wasn't going to enter it, because I had far too much work on. Then I noticed only one person was entering. I thought that was kinda sad, so...

Mine on the left, in the style of Kenichi Sonoda (Bubblegum Crisis, Gunsmith Cats) on the right. It needs another pass to work on the finer details like folds and line weight (it also badly wants colouring), but otherwise I'm quite pleased with it.

These look great, Gaff! Just a couple little things: On the left, her thumb is too long, particularly the segment closest to her hand (if that makes sense). On the right, her closer breast is lower than the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Duly noted, cheers. I've got a couple of other things to fix before I can colour them (the left eye on the left figure bothers me every time I see it), so I'll keep those in mind.

I like these. It's always fun to emulate another artist's style. You did a good job.

-I don't know if it's just me but as an extreme nit pick, her right breast (so the one we see on the left) on the kenichi sonoda style one seems a tiny tiny bit uneven with the other.
    -In the same drawing, her left thumb isn't long enough. The hand in general looks a little odd, like her palm isn't long enough.

Can't wait to see them colored

Thanks

But yeah, the left hand there is not great. I had to fire these out pretty quickly to get them done in time, so I think a lot of little mistakes got left in. Looking at it now, the right thigh of the right-hand drawing seems too straight as well.

Oh well, hopefully I'll get back to these next week.

Throw away your custom brushes. The bog-standard PS airbrush is officially mankind's greatest achievement.

ohh this is looking great already! i adore your brush strokes, they look so soft and nice O:
    as some critiques i could say that her left hand fingers don't look exactly right.

the other things i can see are that you got a nice understanding of shades already, they seem right in place :3
    the only thing i'm doubting about is the colour. your shades seem very greyish.. it might turn out nicer if you gave them a more saturated colour. blue or purple will suffice perfectly :3

i made a redline for you so you might understand better what i'm talking about :3

i'm curious to see the result