Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaff Occasionally Draws.

Hmm. Looking at it again, I'm definitely sure the proportions are accurate to the way the girl is irl, presumably the picture's just not selling it right now. Oh well. Here's an update of the last piece.

Reflections. Blargh.

ooo, shiny! Good job, I think you will be able to put this in your portfolio if you just push it to the finish. If I were you I would get rid of the specular highlight on the inside of her thigh because 1. It compete for attention with the pistons of the boot, and 2. The inside of the thigh is pretty flat and shouldn't have highligts, unless the whole plane is reflecting everything. But I do like the boots, cool design

berry nice

dude, niceeeee stuff.
    I'm really diggin' it, especially the newest one you posted.
    She's a babe. :L Give off a very old school feel, even though the subject
    isnt' very ...traditional...IDK. She's cool.

Wow, that drawing is very epic as always Gaff :P

Thanks guys It took a long time, but I'm quite pleased with this one.

Rubisko: I see what you mean about the highlight competing with the piston. The reference image I was using had a highlight in that area, but I might just take it out anyway - I've already had to knock back a few others as they just didn't look right.

More old school malarky, this time a competition entry I'm working on for another board. I'm fairly happy with it thus far, but I have bugger all idea what to do with the background.

Doing backgrounds for pin-up type images is something I always have trouble with, so if anyone has advice on the matter, I'd be much obliged. I quite like those sort of semi-abstract patterns that other people use, but beyond sticking a radial gradient underneath the artwork, I can never seem to come up with anything good.

New iPad painting:

It's straight from the pad this time, but I'll probably add colours with PS later on.

That was done on an iPad? Wow :O I've tried using an iPad before and it ended in failure xD

It looks great the only thing I can suggest is working on that index finger it looks pretty flat compared with the other fingers and the hand. I look forward to seeing it once your finished with it in photoshop

Still never finished Chow Yun Fat back there, I'm afraid to say. Did make a new video though, as requested by a friend:

The left arm is a bit off, but I was in a hurry and I didn't really want to spend any more time on it.