Thread: Lewis from the mystery skulls animated ghost video

Double Digits Member

Lewis from the mystery skulls animated ghost video

10436680_10152560645147341_1482610829828675037_n.jpg

this is my my first attempt at drawing and i was wondering what you guys thought of it

I think the skull is nicely done if one refers to the original (which has a more cartoony style I guess) and it's a good start about everything including the cloth but you should try some full body drawings as well. One advice that I can give and that I often saw here from other users as well is to use real life pictures as reference for drawing because in that way you will not make the errors of the artist...you could try drawing a real skull for example and play around with the variation of tones (variation for white to black) for shading to make it look 3D ... :-)
    Always searching for source of inspiration...
    Nomena

Double Digits Member
    i actually didn't think of using a real skull and i may make the attempt in the near future, and on the the body drawing i have a a few but im not exactly sure if i want to post them :P

well it's OK, if you are not sure about the full body yet but I would advise to look directly into body proportions and anatomy to start with since this step is mostly unavoidable for all who starts drawing and also practice from real life pictures...when I started, I skipped that phase because I was lazy, but then I realised I had to do it and laziness is poison, and now that I look at my old drawings I am laughing at myself I'm sure I am still gonna laugh at myself in the future :P... there are tutorials on that in this website and a bunch of other online stuff you can use, just find something that will work the best for you.
    Always searching for source of inspiration...
    Nomena