Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me! plz?

Question Help me! plz?

hi. i love drawing manga but am finding it REALLY hard to get french curves, dipping pens ect. ect. does any body know a good website or a place in NZ where i can buy them i want to make my doujinishi look authentic! plz help!

You guys get amazon in new zealand?

Moving this to D&T

Well, if your very desperate for some pens, here are some
    http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Dippin...4329868&sr=8-3
    Amazon does ship to NZ.

instructions on making dipping pens http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Dip-Pen
    (I love making my own tools)

However, there are other means to create the same look
    Have you tried using a regular old drawing pen? You can get really close to the same look.
    How about bamboo brushes? There a little hard to use at first, but you can get used to them.
    Im sure you can get dipping pens at any arts/craft store.

I don't mean to sound drilling, but I just want to give you all your options Because you could get dip pens and find out you don't even like using that medium. It's a good idea to find something you like to use but is easily accessible. But then again, I don't know if you have used dip pens before. From personal experience, I can say that pens are much more of a friend than pure ink. I've gone over stuff in ink just to have it make a slight splatter, ruining the piece. Pens are much more friendly and you can get the same look.

wats D&T?? 'course, do they have good supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by nextweek View Post
    Well, if your very desperate for some pens, here are some
    http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Dippin...4329868&sr=8-3
    Amazon does ship to NZ.

instructions on making dipping pens http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Dip-Pen
    (I love making my own tools)

However, there are other means to create the same look
    Have you tried using a regular old drawing pen? You can get really close to the same look.
    How about bamboo brushes? There a little hard to use at first, but you can get used to them.
    Im sure you can get dipping pens at any arts/craft store.

I don't mean to sound drilling, but I just want to give you all your options Because you could get dip pens and find out you don't even like using that medium. It's a good idea to find something you like to use but is easily accessible. But then again, I don't know if you have used dip pens before. From personal experience, I can say that pens are much more of a friend than pure ink. I've gone over stuff in ink just to have it make a slight splatter, ruining the piece. Pens are much more friendly and you can get the same look.
    wow... you are a very helpful person. and u don't sound drilling, so don't worry <3 i do use regular old pens quite alot, but have never used a dipping pen, so wanted to try the medium ^-^ hey, do u mind if i friend u ?? u r really nice and informative <3

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    D&T is the Drawing, Tutorial & Animation section of this forum. Questions that are art related should be in here not the General Discussion. Anyways, welcome to Manga Tutorials! Please don't post one after another in a short space of time. If you need to add anything, use the Edit button on your post. It's there for a reason. C:

okay, thanks for the info (sorry for posting in the wrong forum)

To be honest, You don't really need complete materials in order to draw a very good lines and stuffs... you only probably need pointing pens and markers with different thickness..
    how you handle it just depends on your strokes.
    You can anyway Edit it when you scan it.

Don't think that you can draw good if you have good materials.
    Just don't spend too much money on it.

yeah... now i use felt calligraphy pens and normal ink ones. BTW i don't have a scanner or a graphics program T-T

Good Camera might be good enough.. though you have to be really careful with angle of the camera.

As for graphic programs, you can buy one or get one on the internet(if you don't live in US or any county that has ACTA or SOPA stuffs)