Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam 16: Who blocks words on their LAN?

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makingmangajust4fun View Post
    i generally define "emo" as: words that contain strong,usually negative, emotions. so, am i right, bacon babarian?
    Not really. Emo is short for emocore which itself is a combination of emotional and hardcore. The movement itself came from the post-hardcore scene in the DC area. (Obviously it was quick to grow.) It's a punk derivative and "depressing" or "whiny" lyrics are by no means a staple... Although they are common enough. A good example of the negative side would be the Sense Fail song in my post. The Jimmy Eat World song is pretty much the opposite of whiny and the RJA song is about overcoming abuse so take that as you will.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 04-18-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

lol

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Not really. Emo is short for emocore which comes from the post-hardcore scene in the DC area. (Obviously it was quick to grow.) It's a punk derivative and "depressing" or "whiny" lyrics are by no means a staple... Although they are common enough. A good example of the negative side would be the Sense Fail song in my post. The Jimmy Eat World song is pretty much the opposite of whiny and the RJA song is about overcoming abuse so take that as you will.
    so wait wait, what about calling a -person- emo. Does that mean they're emocore, or does that mean they seem 'depressed and whiny and wear dark clothing, and cut'.
    Cmon man, that's like the most common universal meaning of emo these days, which is why everyone goes on the offensive when someone calls something they like 'emo', because they are immediately thinking of that warped meaning. Lol.

You're getting a bit emo here, Bacon D:
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    so wait wait, what about calling a -person- emo. Does that mean they're emocore, or does that mean they seem 'depressed and whiny and wear dark clothing, and cut'.
    Cmon man, that's like the most common universal meaning of emo these days, which is why everyone goes on the offensive when someone calls something they like 'emo', because they are immediately thinking of that warped meaning. Lol.
    No, it means emo but it shouldn't. Or it should and it's just that what most people think of as emo really isn't ... Emo. It's the most common meaning, but the common meaning is wrong. Or bastardized. Take your pick.

@jubeh: I take the music I actually like pretty seriously. Seeing as how I like Linkin Park and actual emo music this leads to me getting ... Bitchy.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 04-18-2012 at 02:00 AM.

You're my favorite.

thank you. as you have provided a stable arguement i'll listen. oh, and now i can use it correctly. so thanks
    i thought you didn't like linkin park cause u kept cracking on them. learn something new every day
    im logging out
    bye <3
    Last edited by WhenRabbitsAttack; 04-18-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by makingmangajust4fun View Post
    @ bacon barbarian: chill! im only twelve, i don't have to use words correctly.BTW im not gonna believe in what you say unless you provide a definition of the word "emo"
    While I don't really care about the emo music debate, even some one who is twelve can and should use words correctly and strive to do so. Don't use your age as an excuse for ignorance, even in something as trivial a conversation and linkin park

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    I take the music I actually like pretty seriously. Seeing as how I like Linkin Park and actual emo music this leads to me getting ... Bitchy.
    OR EMO.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    OR EMO.
    Goddam it GunZ.

@4Fun: Nah man, I like Linkin Park. Also what Inksprout said.

You're my favorite.

Srsly, where was Ceefy during all of this.
    <My comic

urgh I hate womens shoes so much. I just want regular shoes not heels, not ballet flats, not massive boots D<