Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabiafidus' scrapyard

Fabiafidus' scrapyard

So hello everyone. I decided to migrate from the old site

As mentioned earlier i have been messing ALOT with poses and stances.

On this pic i used refarences for the arms, and the feet. (skeleton refarence on the leg direction)

Cloths, body, head and hair was my own inspiration.

Crit as much as possible on this pic. i want every single detail!

Huh. Shame you don't have a flurry of replies by now. Your art's cool.

I said it on DA already, but your lineart rocks. The daggers are nice, even in perspective, and you have a better handle on anatomy than I eve have. But look at her pose. I'm not sure if you can pass that off as high flexibility, but her foot planted on the ground like that with her knee bent the way it is doesn't seem possible. Your kneecap won't bend like that when the foot's in that position, I don't think. It's reeeally close, though.

Man, this is pretty excellent stuff. My only problems are that the scarf pretty much deprives her of any neck and that she could do with a bit more shoulder around there somewhere. The former isn't so much an anatomy issue as a style one: while it's not technically wrong, it's more flattering to have some of the neck visible. And as for the latter problem, her shoulders are really far too slight. That's easily fixed by just pushing the arms out a bit at the point where they join into the torso.

All in all, nice work! I look forward to what else you come up with.

Thanks for the feedback, I mentioned the right foot, and im glad that you notice it aswell, deffinally something awkward about that knee.

@whoosh: Its pretty exiting to see you did point out the neck and shoulder area. Looking at the bluesketch, i see that i might wanted to actually lift the shoulders abit. thanks again for mentioning it, i'll look into it.

btw, doesnt the right hand seem a little... too big? when i made it, i kept rechanging it because i were unsatisfied, i hoped this would be the perfect one, but still seems too big, even perspectively.

my purpose of the picture:

I were kinda tired of my boring and dull images, like standing up, smiling, holding something, random stuff. ect ect.

I found this pose tutorial, which reminded be to avoid average anime posures, they tend to be boring, but acturally, you tend to draw them alot. I discovered my bad habbit and started sketching like crazy.

My goals were clear, the pose needed to be:

- Rare
    - Dynamic
    - Eye catchy.

and that i think i achieved by that image.

I would take the time to add a FAQ, just in case that you are abit curious.
    (this was primary done for my DA account, but it took a long time to write, so i add it here aswell. hope its ok.)

FAQ:

"Why do you allways draw female characters?"

"Well, lets face it, i'm a guy, and i like manga/anime, I can't hide from it. basicly, i enjoy doing female anatomy alot more then male characters, and i dont got any plans to start some advanced manga or anything in the nearest future. However, if i want to get moving seriusly, i admit, i might need to study male anatomy alot more."

"All your stuff is generally... no .. entirely anime based, how come?"

"In all it's simplyness, i am a pure anime fan. I got about 65 figmas, anime towels hanging everywhere in my fanroom, and filled with anime VHS and dvd's, 2 monitor screens with anime backgrounds, a glass desk with imprinted images of K-on, and i got the model guitar: "gitah" from k-on aswell. I don't really have to say anything else but that i abselutely love anime.

but thats not all there is to it. As i started drawing in the school at an early age, i stopped when i grew 16 years old, i simply forgot all about manga and anime. I cought a grasp of music aswell, and as 17 years old i got a mixupult, a wavepad, and a keyboard and practiced as hell in creating catchy tracks, i am far from proffessional though :3 anyways, one day, (shortly after i turned 20) i discovered my now favorite dj's of them all: DJ satomi. Simply seen on youtube, i heard those earcandy waves and vibes, and then they all came with an anime character (a female) as a front picture on all the songs.

I fell in love with it, i mean, it was so perfect, trance and anime was the best sync of images and sound i ever could have imagined, and from that day, i entered the world of anime alot more, i started to expand my horizont in the anime community, and started collecting. I started watching animes and they totally cought me.

Later i discovered Hatsune miku and i was sold. My purpose was clear: I wanted to be able to create anime figures, and use sound to express em as more then a picture.

What can i say? anime and music is more important to me now then oxygen.

So, How is your sexuality? based on these aspects?

I'm not into hentai at all. Drawing females have nothing to do with a hentai complex at all, thats just the way i am, i saw how female anime characters matched the epic sync in a trance, and thats the sole reason.

My sexuality stays in the real life with my gf
    Last edited by Fabiafidus; 01-17-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar

1.) The fingers are strangely proportioned. The middle finger should always have the longest digits, then ring, then index, then pinky.
    2.) I moved the arm forward. They way you had it drawn, the shoulder seemed to be barely attached to the torso and rooted too far from the chest.

Everything else, I think is self explanatory. Though, this drawing in general is awesome, dude. Really good dynamics, a good sense of motion and generally solid anatomy with a few flaws in terms of posturing and position. Proportions, on the other hand, you have down almost perfectly (taking the style into consideration), aside from the long arm.

Nicely spotted Dahlia. Everything makes sence.

hmm, on her right foot, i maybe should not have bend the leg that much. in the redline, it looks mroe like she is in a "stand still --> dodging" motion, atleast it seems like that to me.

I wanted it to make it look like she was "stopping op. and then ready to engage"

Very nice redline! i will make use of it! thanks

Here we go again.

notations:

- Hands
    - arms, too small or too short.
    - Waist, might be a little too thin.
    - feet needs dynamics.

other then that i dont really spot that much.
    help me.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I really like the way you do lineart. The way you did the folds under the breasts are quite visually interesting.

I'm doing my best, thank you. anything i should work on more?

Wow, dude. Every time I see your art, you improve! Do you and Matt have a secret you're not hiding? XD

That first is like, awesome bro! Super dynamic and done well (the flaws have already been pointed out). The second one is well done too, the creases are done well and the hair's nicely done, too. The arms, however are a little short (though I think you've pointed that out). Also, in comparison to the legs, the torso is relatively small so some adjustments may need to be made. Nice work, man!