Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Pretentious Art Critique

Thread Pretentious Art Critique

Hey guys I wanted to share some of my art with you

Here's an anatomy study I did earlier on

You may have noticed that my anatomy style is kinda unique. That's because he's a unique character. He's your basic ninja steampunk wizard hero from the Rutabaga empire, a country I had this great idea for. So he's also a Rutabugian.

Some more pose practices

I think his nose is a bit off in that one. Also his ears might be a bit long. Anyways tell me what you think.

Tried to introduce some dynamic action into this pose

holy shit that's fucking incredible.

if its okay I'd like to post some of my paintings here for critique

I call this one Minsk, it's supposed to represent suffering or some shit like that

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    This is classic.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Hey Hayashida your art is really good but I think her hand on the right is higher than the one on the left. Also she looks like she has a triceratops sitting on her head. To solve this, I advise that you begin eating birdseed after your meals and doing the chicken dance before going to bed.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I missed something again didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    if its okay I'd like to post some of my paintings here for critique
    The grey skin of the character, juxtaposed with her tears and obvious sad pose, make her appear to be weeping for her own mortality. Her skin is grey because she's both a corpse and a living being, reminiscent of the epiphany of L'estranger, in which the protagonist realises it doesn't matter whether he's alive or dead, and allows himself to be trialled and executed. The red background represents blood, further reinforcing this theme of mortality, and the white rectangles resemble a measuring instrument. The character is sad not only because of her mortality, but because of the way others seem to quantify her, thus reducing her to a static object. The eyes symbolise the others who perceive and label her. This is a work of existential significance; the quantification of the self through the views of others is a central theme of existentialist philosophy, and the source of Sartre's phrase 'hell is other people' from No Exit. The patterning of the character's dress makes her appear indistinct; she feels a non-entity under the gaze of the other. This reinforces the theme of existential angst.

In conclusion, Minsk is a simplistic work, but one that may hold significance for the precedents it sets. It interweaves violence and existential angst in a way surely symbolic of the modern condition and all that entails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    The grey skin of the character, juxtaposed with her tears and obvious sad pose, make her appear to be weeping for her own mortality. Her skin is grey because she's both a corpse and a living being, reminiscent of the epiphany of L'estranger, in which the protagonist realises it doesn't matter whether he's alive or dead, and allows himself to be trialled and executed. The red background represents blood, further reinforcing this theme of mortality, and the white rectangles resemble a measuring instrument. The character is sad not only because of her mortality, but because of the way others seem to quantify her, thus reducing her to a static object. The eyes symbolise the others who perceive and label her. This is a work of existential significance; the quantification of the self through the views of others is a central theme of existentialist philosophy, and the source of Sartre's phrase 'hell is other people' from No Exit. The patterning of the character's dress makes her appear indistinct; she feels a non-entity under the gaze of the other. This reinforces the theme of existential angst.

In conclusion, Minsk is a simplistic work, but one that may hold significance for the precedents it sets. It interweaves violence and existential angst in a way surely symbolic of the modern condition and all that entails.
    there is no way in hell you just made that up...

It's del.

finally someone who understands my work