Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scarlet's Dungeon- Alice In Wonderland

They dont look like trees to me but it still looks cool. Really like the first one...still some hand problems on the boys hand. the second one. Really good anatomy there, but with such good body anatomy i find the face lacking. ITs still good but the body is way better so its kinda mismatching. the tree.... doesn't look like a tree to me but its pretty awesome.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Rubisko: Thanks I'm glad you like the style! Yeah, anatomy is certainly not my thing, I'll keep an eye on that next time. You haven't read or seen the wizard of oz!? This is an alien comment to me. Maybe it's an English thing. Anyway yeah, the guy is a dwarf. Dorothy meets a village of dwarfs who send her along the yellow brick road to the wizard of oz.
    Jorgie: Thank ye! I was really unsure about the rope around the neck myself, which is why I was so tentative I think.
    Ged: I'll work harder on my faces! You think they don't look like trees? Perhaps I'm overdoing it a little now, good thing you pointed it out. Thanks a lot for commenting.

Still clawing at the hundred theme challenge! Number 10: Witch.

Any comments appreciated

-scarlet.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

Wow, another awesome tree! I love the clothes and I really want one of those hats!

I think you should be able to see some of the girl on the left's back foot. Well, unless it's under the red haired girl's dress that is. One more thing, the leaves on the tree kind of seem to be on one side of the branches.

Hope this helps! Keep up the great work!

I really love the professional look your pieces have apart from what JJ has mentioned, I struggle to find anything else to mention apart from maybe you could add more random branches here and there, not large ones though the small and thin ones you find in real trees. I love the clothing you chose for them I look forward to seeing more

JJJorgie: Thanks! yeah I thought that about the leaves when I scanned it, but it was all too late XD.
    Demonfyre: Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate the comment

Another theme for the challenge. I'm going to try and increase the pace on this now!

Theme K: Flowers

And some anatomy practice.

Any help appreciated of course

-Victor Hugo

Those flowers and that dress is gorgeous!!! I don't think the face should be turned that much backward. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's physically impossible. Anyways, the eyes are of different heights on the face.

The anatomy is superb. I think the legs of the second picture should be a little bit longer, though.

Hope this helps!!!

He's baaaackkk!! *End of lame anticlimactic return*

In short, I'm going to try and post more regularly from now on.

Some stuff I did whilst in lectures, nothing serious. There's an OC of mine mashed in there. The first piece of the girl. Her name's Ruin. She was an OC I came up with about 3 years ago when I first came to MT. I don't draw my OC's that often because I don't like a lot of em so much now. But Ruin's OK, for a little girl, ruling the universe from a gigantic tower in a different realm. She had a guardian back then, Chaos. But I dropped him, I don't think she needs him. Haha.

My newest finished piece: Catch Me Rainbow

I tried to work with a different style than I'm used to. A style much closer to manga I suppose. And I tried drawing without using ink because I got a little too reliant on it!
    Any c+c appreciated!

A lot of work that doesn't get onto this site I put on these sites:
    http://scarlet-light.deviantart.com/
    http://therealfable.tumblr.com/
    So feel free to visit them

Thanks

-Scarlet
    Last edited by ScarletHue; 04-15-2013 at 11:45 AM.

-Victor Hugo

I'm just gonna talk about the rainbow one (even though it's finished, here's some things to look for in the future):

The legs are too short for the body (not by a whole lot, but she still looks unbalanced). The feet are too short as well (feet are the length are a person forearm). The hands look a little small. The closest hand has almost no back, the fingers go almost to the wrists. The white lacey parts have next to no shading which makes those areas look unfinished and stand out in a bad way. Her eye should be a tad bit closer to the bridge of her nose. since she's falling down, her dress-skirt should be "falling up" (does that make sense?) like the hair. She doesn't seem to have a butt; the shading you can "see through" the dress showing her lower body has no defined butt, the thighs go straight and flat into her hips. Also, the knees aren't defined. in the closest leg, the knee and front of the lower leg are connected; On both legs, the knee is flat when it should be round and there should be some indication seperating the knee and lower leg (it doesn't have to be huge, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

JJJorgie, about the hands and feet, I think I generally draw them smaller than they are meant to be. I think it looks cute! But your dead on about everything else. Especially the dress needing to float upwards, I'm really surprised I didn't see that..
    Thanks for taking the time.

Here's my latest piece. I know the front leg is an absolute botch job.. but any other crit would be great!

Alice In Wonderland:

Please and thank you!

-Scarlet

-Victor Hugo

I really like this one

One big problem I see is that Alice's hand is backwards O.o The thumb should be on the inside. Her feet should be a little longer and I think the knee of the close leg should be prominent. Her closer eye should be slightly tilted up to the left to match the angle of the rest of the face.
    The rabbit's closer foot seems to fade into the mushroom since is has no defining line like the rest of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!