Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scarlet's Dungeon- Alice In Wonderland

Her nose looks a little broken, bring in the left(her right) nostril in some. Also, her jaw looks like it was chiseled from marble, use rounder lines there, she looks a bit like a Stallone. other than that the portraiture is excellent.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.

Yaaay for the wizard of oz :P anyway, personally I think it looks brilliant, the only thing I can think of is maybe that a bit of Dorothy's (I assume) thumb would be showing around the edge of the man's fingers, it really looks great and I hope this helped even a little bit

Same problem as pointed by rubisko on the previews image. Look how the focus point behaves with the trees and clouds.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Liebe: I indeed see your point. Thanks for the help!

Demonfyre: Thanks a bunch, and yes I suppose it might be, I'll take a look!

Clock: Oh man again.. thought I'd fixed it this time. Ok thanks for pointing it out, I'll try again next time.

Thanks you guys for stopping by.

Ahem, 100 theme challenge time!!

So I started this thing before under a different user name but got really side tracked in the end. Well I'm picking it back up again now. For ease I'll post my previous pieces from the challenge here first:

Number 1- Chibi:

Number 5- Magical girl:

Number 13- Cybrog:

Number 21- Fairies:

All pretty old stuff though, from last year.

TODAY THOUGH! I finished another part of the challenge.
    I present, number 40- Video game:

I decided to do something different to what I normally do to keep things fresh. I found some old plain white oxford shoes in my wardrobe and decided to turn them into something that I'm willing to wear! I was unsure which style to lace them in..but I figured something out in the end.

So yeah.. any comments as usual appreciated.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

The cyborg is absolutely amazing! I think you could make both the fairie's and magical girl's legs longer. I love the way you did the chibi!

Very awesome pieces! What medium do you use?

its really weird how pro t=your work seems to be and yet how there are some beginner mistakes! It really shows how much time and effort you put in some of your work and it is really good but it seems you still have some proportions work to be done. Your hands seem to be too small, and feet too.The perspective is a bit off ( the dress on the stone looks off) Also im not sure whats wrong with the girls eyes...the one in the pink dress and with the faeries and stuff. Awesome work man keep doing what you do and practice some essentials! AWESOME stuff!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    JJorgie: Ah I do believe you're right. Thanks for stopping by!

Toast: Thanks a lot! All of the fantasy styled pieces you see from me are done with water colour paints, water colour pencils for the smaller details and good quality ink pens (or if I'm feeling retro, an ink pot and nib).

Gedeon: Thank you so much for your kind words. You flatter me. And I would consider myself a beginner certainly; only having been drawing properly for about 6 years. I see your point about the hands and feet, I'll take the time to study them a little I think. Perspective is one of those haunting weaknesses of mine. Thanks again.

Right, something unrelated to the 100 theme challenge:
    The drawing is quite old, but I thought I'd try my hand at digitally colouring it for a change.

And for the challenge:

Number 41: Tarot

"I know that I hung on a windy tree
    nine long nights,
    wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin,
    myself to myself,
    on that tree of which no man knows
    from where its roots run.
    "

Anyway, Comments and crit appreciated as always!

-Scarlet.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

You know, your twisting strange looking trees are really starting to grow on me (no pun intended). I think it works especially well in The Hanged Man. I also like how you use light-on-dark contrast there with such a low chroma palette, it kinda makes me think of Arthur Rackham. Although I think you could have emphasized the rope around his neck more, and even though I'm not shy to artists inventing new muscles for effect but stacking up on serratus anterior doesn't seem to work very well (looks more like the texture on fish skin really).

On your Oz illustration; I haven't read the book so It may be me, but I'm confused by the difference in height between the girl and the man. Is he very short-legged or is the road very elevated? I like the sky in that piece btw

I have to agree with Rubisko, I love your trees!!! And, yeah, make the rope around the man's neck pop out more. At first I didn't see it, so I was a bit confused

The faces on the tree in the top picture are awesome!