Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scarlet's Dungeon- Alice In Wonderland

For the last one, the design and the detail on his clothes are fine, but, even assuming he's fairly lean, his arms seem too thin for his body and the left forearm is too short. The legs are okay, but the left leg is tapering as it goes down the way, and his foot looks too small for the rest of him.

Have you got a reference photo for the pose?

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Gedeon: Yeahhh..animals are a new thing for me. I'll be sure to work on it! thanks for stopping by.
    Gaff: Ah so they are, I'll be sure to fix that in other sketches. Nope I didn't have a ref, just sketched in on the spot, I'll look for a similar photo now that you've pointed that out though. Thanks.

Update later tonight.

Didn't get round to it a couple days ago. Didn't have much to update with to be honest. But here's something I've been working on today and yesterday.
    A stroll through the Stream.

I'd love any crit or comments I could get on this because this is my work as it stands and I'm really looking to take it up a notch

Have nothing on the lines of a critique but I do want to express how awesome that drawing and your art in general is loving the way youve drawn the background and the girl not to sure what that thing the girl is looking at is though xD

I'm going to talk about some things in your composition. It's going to be very basic, because my knowledge about it is very basic. I don't really get the narrative, so it's all based on just making it a good image.

Ok, so this is what I see in it. Green arrows are for well done, and red stuff is for "hey, I think you better fix this". So, let's talk about those parallel reds first and get them out of the world. Especially the arm and the torso makes for a bit too boring relation. I guess you know it, but angles are exciting and parallels are dull to the viewer. Same goes for legs, but that's less noticeable.
    Now, green arrows are good, they catch the eye and directs it toward the girls face, which I guess is supposed to be the focal of the image. However, do not forget that lines of vision are powerful too; if someone look at something then others will look too (and if someone looks directly at you, you will look directly at them right?). The cat (it's a cute cat btw) doesn't really look at anything, but the girl is looking out of the frame and that's really bad. The pointed hand is also pointing out of the frame, along the same line as her line of sight.

just gonna leave this here in case you haven't seen it already; http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/C...ition_tutorial

My only worry would be that, with her legs so close together and slightly off to the side like that, I'm not sure about how she's balancing herself. It's very good though - I particularly like the yellow-ochre-ish tint to the sky and the field.

Your artwork is refreshing to say the very least. Great stuff! @.@

I'd have to agree with Rubisko about your composition. It makes a picture feel awkward if you drag the eye off the page or into a corner. I also feel like the entire left side of the composition should be nudged to the right or that the frame should be extended to the left. There's a lot of things being cut off suddenly over there, the cat especially. However, the framing on the right side is beautiful.

Your line quality, colors, textures and characters are all lovely. :3
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

Rubisko: I had already seen similar tutorials to the one you posted BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CRIT! That was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! Now I'll be able to integrate those points into my next piece for better composition. Thanks a thousand times!

Gaff: Oh hamburgers! I see your point. Shall be more careful with balance.

SuperKasey: Thanks a lot! Ah I see your point. That's really obvious now you point it out!

Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

I did a request on DA for some one who wanted me to draw their character.
    Their version can be found here: http://chibi-tan107.deviantart.com/a...Halo-308915697
    All credit to them for that one.

But anyway here's the one I drew for them:
    Oh-My-God.. Ohmygod. Have I actually drawn some anime!?

I'm trying to be a little more adventurous with the posing here because I noticed I was getting into the habit of doing simple standing poses. Foreshortening is really not my thing though so any help is appreciated.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

Another request in anime style:

A lot of requests on DA seem to be looking for anime stuff. Still, I'm gonna try and get back to my usual style I think. Nice to change things up every now and then though!

I've also done some portraiture:

any help appreciated

-Victor Hugo

Meh. Moving back to my original style, but trying to mix in a few things I've learnt about characters and similar. I've tried to take in the advice about composition too, though I don't know if I've managed it.

Off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz!

"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN! The great Oz has spoken!"

Anyway... and comments and crit appreciated!
    Please, and thank you.

-Victor Hugo