Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anime Rebel's Co-Writing Project

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    'kay, cool. I still can't see how the 'dead guy' follows him, him being some sort of ghost would be easy, but you wanted him to be a computer of some sort right? I don't quite know what to make of that though.. Not to criticize, I just don't know how it works. (it reminds me of Ryuk of Death Note a little bit :P)
    As for the name of the protagonist, he doesn't need to be an exchange student right? If he is a native Japanese boy, I think it'd be authentic to give him a Japanese name, like Kenji. Same goes for his friend then. (the crazy doesn't need a japanese name i think)
    And he hides his powers from the rest of the world, and hates Charly for bugging him and telling him what to do, while he likes having the powers. And Charly uses some nonsensical call word when activating a power for Kenji, sadly I have no ideas a call word. I'll keep it in mind though, if I come up with one, I'll write it down.

It's useful if we make a little habit for both Charly and Kenji then, something they enjoy doing, or just do, to give them some more personality etc. Maybe Kenji likes baseball or something, or has some kind of stop word he uses all the time (like Naruto's "datte bayo")

I think it's a good idea for the main character to be still in school, getting good grades, and having a nice life, until he meets Charly. The summer holiday has just started, so he doesn't have to go to school. Sounds good?

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    you got what I was thinking, the computer is the superpower giver thing, its made of tons of little nanobots that look like a bracelet or something. Charley doesnt even have to be japanese. I just thought it sounded good for a crazy dead guy.
    the call word, dont know. but charly doesnt activate it, he messes with Kenji(that sounds like a good name, howabout Himura Kenji?) until he does what charly wants, and he has to avod the peoples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Okay, I see now. Seems pretty solid to me. The reader will never learn how the nanobots and bracelet etc work, or how the powers are possible, so we don't have to know that either, right?
    Do you dig the idea of the setting being the summer holiday? Also for a personal thing about Kenji, he has an obsession for something (cats maybe? xD) so (in this example) when he has to do something for Charley he gets distracted when he sees a stray cat. (it doesn't have to be about cats though )

Yeah the summer thing sounds great. also exactly. enough nano bots never leave to show the bracelet any different. although I like the idea of maybe the other student gave him the bracelet, and Charly just stuck the nanobots on it. Also an obsession, not cats. But that sounds cool. make him an otaku? then he'll always look at the video game posters randomly.
    My Story Thread

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Sounds great ya'll. I'm still opposed to the corporatation/artica thing.
    I love the name Kenji. My original idea for his partner would be a nerdy intellectual who would serve as a foil to Kenji's character. I don't know though, what do you all think?
    Also, the whole nano-bot bracelet sounds a little too techy/scientific. What if it was a cheesy, box like object or wrist watch or something, you know, Pokemon style.
    Also for Charley, what if he's always on the look-out/running from an underground army of rathr nonthreatening objects. (i.e., toasters, cats, etc.) This could serve as an untimely interuption when Kenji is trying to use/un-use his power(s).
    Let me know what you think.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

The idea for Charly sounds fun.
    on the subject of the bracelet, nano bots are tiny, and only Charly knows their there.
    also the corporation idea was to make a different style of society. making it easier to write. You have my thoughts, and can veto ideas cuz you are the General Skywalker.
    My Story Thread

I like Rebel's ideas, the cheesy wrist watch thing is a better idea than nanobots in my opinion, mainly because I have no idea how the latter works, but also so we can have Charley's face appear on screen, and talk to Kenji. (making it too sci-fi with nanobots etc would make it a little too serious i guess?) The idea for Charley being paranoïd for nonthreatening objects or animals is very fun as well. When Charley sees a cat, he yells at Kenji to run away, or kill the cat or whatever, and Kenji is just left there in confusion.
    The best friend of Kenji a nerdy intellectual sounds good, though it makes him sound a bit like Charly himself. (is it 'Charly' or 'Charley'? xD)

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Hmm, I thought Charly was some crazy old guy? How would that be similar to an intellectual?
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Ah, I guess I misread something. Still, insanity is often an extreme of intelligence xD so I just figured the crazy old guy must be intellectual too. Oh well

OK the wristwatch is fine, the bracelet I think I said before was just an example.
    I kinda thought that Charly(now that can be the official spelling) would have been smart, hes just been around and alone so long he went insane.
    I don't see why Kenji's friend couldn't also be an intellectual. Just less of one then Charly. Especially if we use my suggestion that Kenji is an otaku, as his obsession.
    My Story Thread