Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Rebel's Co-Writing Project

Hybrid View

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar

Anime Rebel's Co-Writing Project

Carried over from here: http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...-Need-A-Writer

Thanks ya'll, if you are still interested in joining, just let me know.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    I quoting the stuff to put here on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmanacnamedTime View Post
    You got the serious-humor part perfect. I was thinking bobobo(icant spell it all)-like offguard catching
    things. I agree that Japan is cool, it was just a suggestion to make it a bit easier on everyone.

Actual ideas.... I will edit this post with them. what do we need, cooperation, may inspiration in the future. to what we have: an artist 2 writers and i can draw ok as well if needed.

Ideas(the ones tAR came up with):
    -2 college age (maybe exchange) students
    -1 gains super power and stuff happens.

Ideas(that I got, dont worry they dont conflict.):
    -real world with an altrenate-ish history
    -world divided into companies(england, america, canada, mexico, south america)
    -guy stumbles across something that gives him super powers on accident
    -he is not told how to use them or what he has
    -also the guy who gave them to him is crazy and gave him odd ones(turning things to cheese, making cats fall out of the sky on their backs)
    -there is a company that's based in the arctic and antarctic regions that want to find the guy who gave the protagonist super powers.
    -we dont know why.

Now go ahead and add to the pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by DennoVane View Post
    Hmm, I wonder how such (seemingly) random powers could be implemented in a story.. Maybe he gets something that grants him power, but the power changes per day? And the crazy person who gave it to him chooses a random power for that day or something like that. <-Just an idea I just had.
    That company chasing the guy who gave the powers, chases him because besides the useless powers (changing stuff into cheese, making cats rain), there are more useful, powerful/whatever stuff you can do with them (for example: ...?) . The company either wants that power too, or intends to use the main character's powers, something like that. Or maybe they just want to know how it works. Starting to sound pretty serious again, but that doesn't matter, we can change that at any time

But now; who is the main character? There were 2 college students, male or female? What are their personalities? When the one gets his awful super powers, what does the other do?

How does the Rebel Boss feel about these ideas by the way? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmanacnamedTime View Post
    I like the random power for the day. or maybe a list of powers per day of the week, and they are randomly "equipped" when you try to activate them?

also howabout:
    The crazy guy is dead. so they want to blow up whats keeping him around. he's the first opposition to arctic, and he almost won.
    on the subject of the main character, I'd say make him a dude(easier to write from the pov you are). thats what i got on that.

Ackbar (Bossman), whats your take on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    The crazy guy is dead. so they want to blow up whats keeping him around. he's the first opposition to arctic, and he almost won.
    You saying that the guy is dead, and is staying on this world as some sort of ghost? I like that idea.
    What do you mean with 'first opposition to the arctic company'?

Though, with a list for every day of the week, you mean he gets only seven powers? Or a 'choice' for every day, like three a day, of which one will be randomly chosen? I think seven would give us little freedom on that matter. Maybe we don't need such great freedom though, as the story is quite short.

By the way, it seems I'm in a different time-zone, (I sleep when you're awake) as I'm going to sleep now, so it'll probably take a while for me to answer again if you guys reply, and perhaps vice versa. Just so you know (though you pro'lly already guessed it)
    Last edited by Shindoutou; 04-03-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Oh thanks, I was just about to do that. xD

you welcome man, so whats your take?
    My Story Thread

Hmm. interesting ideas guys.
    However, I would suggest that you tune down the seriousness quite a bit...you see, I'm really not capable of splitting my attention to give a serious manga the detail that it needs, and the length of the manga suggests more to me a lighter story.
    So, it would be great if you could keep it "urban"--(in other words, no artic/antartica. My eyes bugged out of my head when I read that. )
    I really do like the idea of the crazy guy. Keep those ideas pluggin.'
    Also, if you like, they don't have to be college age students, you can change it to highschool. (That might fit the story better anyways.)
    The protag I envisioned as being a guy as well. xD
    I'm not sure if the corporate head thing is your best bet for an antagonist---it's rather impersonal, if you ask me. And anyway, if we're going for more of a comedy here the bad guy would seem really out of place if he/they were too heavy.
    (Although typing that gave me idea...a serious bad guy, who takes himself too seriously, and has to bear the brunt of the hero's clumsy attacks...I don't know, just a thought.)

(Although typing that gave me idea...a serious bad guy, who takes himself too seriously, and has to bear the brunt of the hero's clumsy attacks...I don't know, just a thought.)
    That's a pretty cool idea. I imagine the bad guy giving a long, serious monologue, and suddenly it starts raining cats. Could be pretty funny xD

Still, what does the other highschool student do? Maybe he's the main chars best friend, and gives him advice and stuff?
    Or: if you've ever seen Clannad, or something similar, the main character there is serious, cynical and sarcastic, and his best friend is quite the moron. What if we reverse those roles here, and make the main character a fool? It fits the story well, with the random powers and all that as well
    Last edited by Shindoutou; 04-04-2012 at 05:46 AM.

denno, you are on now.

you never go to the arctic. just people from the arctic('embassadors') are trying to find the dead guy now. also the corporate head isnt the antagonist. he's like a puppet, just with a little power.
    he's not exactly a ghost. there's a machine with all his memories and personality imprinted on it.
    the ghost dude has a list of powers right, for each day of the week. and he randomly chooses one and might tell the protagonist.
    the serious bad guy. exactly.
    I was think take an exactly average guy, and plug him in as the protagonist. so not stupid. but not smart.
    the other student.... denno you can write him.

(^Thats just an explanation of my thoughts, I am ok with change.)
    My Story Thread

Okay, what we need to think of now is where the story will lead. We have some sort of plot now, but it now needs somewhere to go. For example: the protagonist uses his powers to save the world (<--the cliche way out, not that I'd mind); or the protagonist hates having the powers, and is trying to get rid of it; he's leading a 'normal' life, bearing those powers and using them for (useless?) ends, while all kinds of people 'hunt' on him; or something completely different? These are just ideas of the top of my head, actually more like cliches, basic plot lines that can be used for any story.
    The other student, well I think we should explore the story itself more so we/I can think of a good role for him. (who knows, maybe he's the antagonist)

One (more) question: how crazy/funny/comical must the story be? Almanac mentioned somewhere to 'go all bobobo' I think, and I think you refer to the manga/anime Bo-bobo? Will we be writing pure comical nonsense, that leaves the reader with a feeling of "what the f* just happened", or is the plan more to make an entertaining story where the reader occasionally laughs, or something in between?
    I think the latter is better, 'cause Bo-Bobo was just pure chaos xD

(if you didn't mean the manga bobobo, but something else, then excuse me xD)

I meant something in between like you got there.

so I was thinking the protagonist doesn't hate haveing the powers, but he hates the dead guy(I now give him a name-Charly) following him around telling him to do things with his powers that seem ridiculous. (and the protagonist who I cant think of a name for, so go ahead.) never actually notices what happens as an effect. nor is it ever exactly explained what makes the powers tick by Charly. Plus other people are trying to find out who's using the powers. so he's got to hide it.

also I was thinking there'd be a call word (marvel man *shazam* type thing) which activates whatever power is "equipped."

go ahead now denno.
    My Story Thread