Page 47 of 121 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: School Sucks: Back to School ... AGAIN!?

101 Dalmations Member Snooderflubbyguppy's Avatar
    You people are so weird.....

Seefy you're awesome! I feel for you... going into medicine is rough. I was actually originally pre-med... obviously that didn't go over too well since I switched to psych - BUT three of my friends are still premed - so good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    What topic(s) in Philosophy are you doing?
    On Monday? Reason vs. Experience, Political Philosophy, The Idea of God.
    Later on I'm doing God and the World, Epistemology (Idealism, Representative Realism, Direct Realism), Descartes' Meditations, Religious Experience/The Cosmological Argument, and Ethics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Ah cool. I didn't know you would do more than two topics (?) Are the first three all in one exam?

I too happen to be doing Reason & Experience as well as The Idea of God on Monday, then later it's God and the World followed by Knowledge of the External World.

I'm fairly sure those are the real topics of the exams I'm doing. AS Philosophy, right? My college teaches The Idea of God and Why Should I Be Governed? and lets us choose. Unit 2 stuff is God and the World and Knowledge of the External World.
    I'm doing A2 at the same time, which is where the other god stuff, the Ethics, and the Descartes comes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Yeah, AS Philosophy. We only get taught The Idea of God.

It makes sense now

Guys, my next three weeks are going to be... awesome. I have everything planned out in what I'm hoping is the least stressful way possible. From now until June 7, when my last final is, I will be: taking a midterm next Tuesday, writing 3 papers that are all do on June 4. Two of them are research papers, one is a take home exam in essay form. Then I have a cumulative final on June 7. Somewhere in there I have to participate in a bunch of psych studies for credit hours, administer studies 'cause I'm working as a psych lab research assistant, and write up two reflections of what I've learned... Apparently they still do that in college. I am gonna beat all of this or die trying! ... or something.

Cora's fun psychology fact of the day:
    SPOILER! :

Apparently the language you speak affects the way you perceive and process the world. This includes anything from how you perceive other's emotions to how you see color. (apparently if you're a russian speaker you can distinguish shades of blue better than an english speaker. This is because they have different words for the various types of blue - whereas english is like light blue, dark blue, blue-green etc.) The article I read today went so far as to say that some bilinguals' personalities can shift slightly depending on the language they're speaking... Not sure how true that is, but they cited some study so hurray for them.

I believe your information is a little misguided.

in what way?

I've heard that myself somewhere.