Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wat should I write

Wat should I write

I'm deciding what story to write so help me decide. I've narrowed it down to 5 ideas. Please don't propose your own ideas mine are bad enough. I can elaborate on any of these.

1. Sci-Fi Gatsby--
    A soldier clown from a fallen empire finds out that another clown like him may be leading a private military company on a backwater planet in an area known as the marches. This is basically gatsby in space.
    What's stopping me: World Building

2. Romance of Heaven--
    Inspired by norse end of the world stories and ancient chinese literature. It's a story about an empire in heaven falling apart, and the gods and men trying to take control of it.
    What's stopping me: World building

3. The Imperishables--
    A cyberpunk story where suicidal men and women are given immortality and voluntarily entered into a game where they kill each other on city streets to win mopeds and ipods and stuff.
    What's stopping me: How do you write modern cyberpunk without going full retard?

4. Jesus and the Politician--
    A story where every term jesus and the devil both attempt to get a politician voted as a mayor in an unnamed city. The devil always wins but jesus finally finds the one honest person that may be able to get him his first win.
    What's stopping me: Kind of stupid and I don't know enough about government.

5. John the Shopkeeper--
    A bunch of kids left to die in a city ruined by war fight over supplies that get dropped in every day by an unexplained helicopter.
    What's stopping me: Eh teen fiction u know

writing forum please.

Warned for backseat modding also this is you

wouldn't need to backseat modding, if you could do it yourself against yourself.

your mod inside must win the fight.

Clock this is you

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    By suicidal do you mean "life sucks i want to die" or "I will die if i dont have the new iPad!"? My next questions will be based on this answer. they will include such questions as Why are they immortal but can kill eachother? Is it supposed to sound like the hunger games? Y U NO LOVE ME?

I could see the cyberpunk one being good but it sounds like it needs some work (but what do i know about writing right?). Do you go for "I wrote it ironicaly" or "April fools"?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    By suicidal do you mean "life sucks i want to die" or "I will die if i dont have the new iPad!"? My next questions will be based on this answer. they will include such questions as Why are they immortal but can kill eachother? Is it supposed to sound like the hunger games? Y U NO LOVE ME?
    Idk if you remember but I posted up this idea when I first joined mt and its been sitting in the back of my mind since. Everyone has a reason they want to die. As for the reason behind immortality, I hadn't decided yet. As for the hunger games, no. I was inspired by something much worse -- Highlander.

I could see the cyberpunk one being good but it sounds like it needs some work (but what do i know about writing right?). Do you go for "I wrote it ironicaly" or "April fools"?
    They all need work man thats the point. Thanks for the inpoot.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Hmmm its possible that I have seen this before but it doesnt stick out as something familiar (but it did jump out as the most interesting).

uhm lets see. . . . reverse the roles and make the leaders of the world fight it out? Combine the jesusVSdevil story and the cyberpunk one?

No the jesus one is actually meant to reflect my life in retail

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    This is one of those questions that is tough because only you can really answer it. You're the one who is actually going to be writing the story.

But, if we're going solely by what's stopping you...go with John the Shopkeeper or The Imperishables. Your issues with them seem to be based less on worries about research and extra work. So, it might be easier ot start with something that takes less effort upfront.