Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animated Comic - Backward step of comic narrative?

Animated Comic - Backward step of comic narrative?

So, what you guys think of Animated Comics? are a step back or front in comic narrative? a good way to reach an audience without time to read? the best step for internet comics?

Give you thoughts.

u got any example of what u r talking about?

I've never heard about it before this, but my spontaneous opinion is that it seems obsolete since comics like Watchmen have already been made into a reasonably good movie. The only good point I would have seen to this is if it would have made it so that good comics found new audiences. In a way it feels like an insult to the original artists too; they have managed to tell a story with static pictures, using skill to create a sense of life to it, and the same with time in the narrative and so on; And then someone says: "well, this isn't good enough, let's edit it to make it really move, and have real audio instead of speech-bubbles". I can't see how someone would see this instead of reading a comic, but that's just my initial thought of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    And then someone says: "well, this isn't good enough, let's edit it to make it really move, and have real audio instead of speech-bubbles".
    Its basically the same thing when somebody takes a comic and then adapts it to film word by word. Some people may think its great because its accurate, but really its saying that comics aren't as viable a medium as films are.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I dont mind animated comics, I just don't bother taking them in heavy doses, cause I prefer regular comics. It's just a different style of the same thing, that's pretty much all.
    This one's pretty cool.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

So you don't have the time to read but you have the time to listen to some dudes slowly say something in 12 seconds that could have taken you 3 seconds to read.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    It's about conveyance, there's a difference between hearing yourself read something, and hearing someone else read something; someone that was meant to read it. Whilst personally reading something makes it more personal, but either way it's all telling the same story, you just get immersed in different ways. Not to mention personal preference.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I'd want to see a full animated comic.
    Like, an hour-long production. Every panel's colored, all the cel-shaded animations move awesomely and every time someone says something, speech bubbles appear and disappear. Thrown stuff and people crash through borders. Quality so good the frames are better than even high-budget animes, except that you could easily make a comic book from taking screenshots.

So you want an animation not a comic?