Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: manga animation software ???

When it comes to animation he software is just a tool. What is most important is the knowledge of animation and the pinciples behind it. Granted, some software come with better tools. The adobe programs are very reliable in having the most tools within the software. I use toonboom studio (toonboom animate is way to expensive). But again, the principles are the important part. If your wanting to look into some research tools, I suggest looking into Richard William's animators survival kit. His knowledge and lessons are amazing, but his book isn't cheap... But it truly is worth taking a look at if you are serious about animation.

(edit): the reason I was talking about software like this though is because you nessesarly don't need it. People have been animating traditionally for a long time... And some still do. Bill Plympton is one of these animators. He usually animates by hand. And it's still respected as much as it was back then, he's been nominated. But, technology really does make animating easier and is a great tool to have. (/end edit)

Truly though, I do wish you luck and success down this road. I can tell you it's rewarding and fun to see your work come to life.
    (I am also honored to be mentioned above, thanks!)
    Last edited by nextweek; 03-31-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

lol I actually own a copy of animators survival kit it has some interesting stuff in it

I have a copy from ebooks on my iPhone, I literally could not survive without it.

Limited in knowledge as I am, from what I hear you either get a studio to allow you to use their software (expensive) or you make your own or you use flash or the program that was stated in another post.
    For mainstream animes like the ones you said, I'm sure they have their own software.

The OP of this thread is basically insulting us artists who make comic/manga..
    It's hard enough for us who make manga/comic..

then this guy wants to make an anime like bleach and deathnote by himself(or with 2 or 3 people).. and he doesn't want small animations.
    Well if you happen to succeed dude, I'll be one of your voice actor XD