Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artist who wants to practice on a short-story

Artist who wants to practice on a short-story

this is only a practice manga. the real one is for serious artists.

you should supply more details if you want others to help you.

true that.
    Its a future science ((or sci-fi) or both), post-apocalyptic, get-infected-by-virus-deal-with-it, young protagonist and the antagonists are a future wordlwide dictatorship that is obviously corrupt up to their necks and has to supposedly fix that with biologically enhanced soldiers that have diamond hard bodies (carbonbased life forms, we are) that can restructure and mold their bodies at will.
    If you want to read the story i'd be more than happy to give you my dA address. its the same as my mt accounnt

So you want to recreate Resident Evil

no, although i knew someone was gonna bring that up. it has a bit of everything actually, but not my intention watsoever.

Okay then

anyone want to give a crack at it?

So, what i think is; even if this is a short story it poses a lot of work for an artist.Creating a believable post-apocalyptic environment, creating those super soldiers and illustrating their regeneration capabilities and so on are even harder, and on top of that you have the usual challenges with design of characters and drawing the story. If people around here think anything like I do, the combination of what I've mentioned and "practice short story" is not very inspiring. I may be wrong, but i think something set in our world, with just a few characters and just one abnormal element that would add spice to the story and is fun to draw is the best stories to attract artists with

i actually don't want it so elaborate in the sense of colors and CG.
    i mean even concept art i'd accept...

Quote Originally Posted by SithFez1493 View Post
    i actually don't want it so elaborate in the sense of colors and CG.
    i mean even concept art i'd accept...
    That's the problem; It seems that you just want an artist to bs some art for you, and as an artist you would learn absolutely nothing in the process. That's a terrible deal for an artist, and i think that you would have a better chance to get someone to make a practice comic with you if have a setting that requires some studies and effort from the artist, but not huge amounts of it. People won't invest their time if they don't expect to get or learn something in return.