Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon's Dogma -- Demo released. Best game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Not in the demo but its still worth playing
    okay

Okay this game is rad as hell here are my FIRST

IMPRESSIONS

-Being able to pick up and throw people, enemies, and things is rad. I threw my ally of a bridge and he fell on his ass and said, "TIS A STRONG FOE!" I would just go around grabbing people for no reason just cuz. Sometimes my ally would grab a dude and go KILL THIS GUY and I would do like a fancy jump attack or something to kill an otherwise defenseless goblin.

-Climbing on monsters is handled really well. It's like SotC but instead of a grip meter you have a general stamina meter that goes down. If your stamina deplete your guy goes into a dizzy state so you need to know when to jump off but its not always safe. For instance the enemy could fly into the air. You can also jump while on an enemy which is cool because you actually have air attacks.

-You have a number of special commands that use your stamina. There were 6 in total. I don't know if they are customizable or if you have to grind for them but regardless they were really cool. My pawn (your npc ally that you design and boss around) had an ability where he could launch me into the air. As Arisen (who I think is the main character of the story mode) I could shield bash, or do an upward slash that was good for cutting off enemy tails. As the archer dude in the second mission I was able to launch a volley of arrows and do really fancy dagger techniques.

-The game feels really tight. The controls are nice though there are a lot of them. The lack of a roll move took a while to get used to but I realized position was more important than fighting reflexively. I did get a blockstun bonus when I blocked at the exact time I was struck which is a nice touch that I look for in games like this. The archer had no shield at all tho so to avoid attacks I just ran around like a dufus.

-The character editor is pretty robust. Lots of skin colors and body types. I was able to make my main character reasonably fat, and my pawn was a small child with a very deep voice, a fro, and a lot of make-up on.

sounds awesome. I didn't download it last night because I was too tired but I'll download it today before the baseball game and give it a try

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    This demo is actually quite the sexy beast.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Finally got around to playing the demo and I have to say this game is fucking rad. I was debating wether or not I should buy the game and now I know I will

Did you make a child slave like I did

No I made some old man

Wow thats awful

That's not nearly as bad as yours. Anyway I wish they had proper multiplayer in this game because it would be so perfect for fighting monsters and stuff, but I guess the only sort of component in the game that resembles mp is that you share your pawns with other players?

Oh well