Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: You rage you lose

Another reason why I haven't touched my PS3 in months: I was playing CoD when some noob started L2 crouching and R2 jumping. It was so infuriating that I switched to the vastly inferior PC. But then people were using aimbots. I mean, I hooked up my controller to play Counter-Strike and everything (since mouse and keyboard suck), but then they'd get headshots on me before I could even see them. And what's up with this whole no iron sights thing? You can't prone either, and your guns have too much recoil. Worst of all, there were no killstreaks. Why? Why can't PC developers figure these basic things out? What's next? Will they take out aim assist too? I mean, I hate R2 jumps and L2 prones, but at least the people doing that don't deny it. The aimbotters in Counter-Strike just claimed they'd practiced and that the mouse and keyboard were actually good. The liars. I can get a 25 killstreak with my controller in CoD, so why not CS or CS:S? Steam really needs to step it up with their hacker prevention AND game mechanics. They're so far behind EA. They have a digital download thing called Valve, so maybe they should stick to that. Even then, they can't compete with Origin.

--

Typing that almost made me sick.

It's cool that you think controller is better, and I'm still gonna tolerate you and all, but I really think that mouse and keyboard are the superior gaming method.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Mouse and keyboard really fail on some games. Some games are just meant to be played with a controller of sorts. FPS' and most other shooters on the other hand, are meant for mouse and keyboard.

Also, 'vastly inferior PC'. WHAT!?

nvm, April Fools, ahahaha, I get it, haha... right?
    Last edited by GunZet; 04-01-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Yeah he has to be joking or possibly he has gone full retard

The intent of that post was to induce rage (at least while you thought I was serious). Even if you thought I was serious in the rest of the post, the part where I wrote Origin was better than "Steam's digital distribution service, Valve" should have done it.

A full disclaimer would have killed the joke, but then I suppose I haven't posted about video games here nearly as much as I have on Escapist Magazine, Rock Paper Shotgun, Extra-Credits, Destructoid, or Kotaku. So, here's the full disclaimer:

-I've been working with PCs since I was two years old.
    -I've done several independent studies on gaming, ranging from its merit as an artistic medium to the psychological effects of different games on different people.
    -I watch Extra Credits.
    -I'm working on an indie side-scrolling survival (not horror) game (for PC) called Floodgate with a heavy focus on story and character development without the use of dialogue. Think A Boy and His Blob, but with a girl, a dog, and slightly more mature themes. Using C++, of course.
    -I play CS:S LAN with my brother.
    -I play Minecraft LAN with my brother.
    -My favorite genre is indie because a) I almost always find innovative elements to be fun and b) I don't have the money for AAA games.
    -I only prefer controllers for a small portion of games I play.
    -I was introduced to the world of gaming when I found my dad's King's Quest games.
    -I currently own a high-end gaming PC running 3.2ghz Intel Core i7, Nvidia Geforce GTX 570, 6gb RAM (this is why I can't afford AAA games).
    -I've spent more money on computer-related supplies than anything else, ever.
    -My favorite game of all time is Cave Story.
    -I've spent massive amounts of time debating against DRM (especially always-on connections).

Why haven't I been very active in the video games section, I wonder? I should spend more time there.

That was a terrible joke

Shoulda went with a disclaimer the first time, lol.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Learn how to do jokes on the internet

I used to make good jokes on the internet... then I took an arrow to the knee.

*cocks shotgun* Hey Hama, why don't we go for a little walk, eh buddy?
    <My comic