Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Animation Paper - Free animation program

Plastic Animation Paper - Free animation program

So I know that there's quite a few people that do or are interested in trying animation. I managed to stumble across a really nice program that has recently been released as freeware.

Here's the link to it's main page: Plastic Animation Paper.

I downloaded and tried it out. I was pleasantly surprised by how many nice functions there were in it. I definitely suggest looking at it. I think it used to cost around $700 before they made it free-ware.

Hope you all like, and I can't wait to see everyone's anime shorts.

This is going to be very useful, nisaren. I know some friends on another forum who may like it. Thanks, man =)

Thank you so much for sharing! The full version really was expensive as I can recall.
    It's all lovely and so on, until you realise you are looking at it upside down.

Yeah, it was. I'm somewhat surprised they were able to sell it for that much actually. It's nice but... I don't think it's exactly $700-nice. At any rate, I'm glad you guys found it useful. I'm hoping to put together a little animation at some point, just not sure when I'll be able to get going on it.

I've tried it. A nice software... too bad it lacks of some important features, like the essential coloring feature and only support up to 6 layers, which is very disappointing.

Double Digits Member isabellegohlt's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing! Now i do not need to waste paper.

@LVUER I agree, there are some big things they could have included. Personally I think it most useful for blocking in and doing the rough pencil animation. Anything further would be better off being done in another animation program or even Photoshop. You just can't argue with the price now though.

@isabellegohlt No problem. Save the trees!

ITs the dumbass again( ME ) Could you tell me where can i upload the PAP. file and that they can read it...youtube and anything else i tried cant rread it expte from itself........^-^' help.....?
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I assume that the .pap file is merely for the Plastic Animation Paper program itself. You should have the option to export your animation in other more widely used formats. Go to the webpage I listed above and look at the tutorials, they should give a better idea of what to do than I can right now.

You should save the files as AVI files or other movie files. PAP should have that ability...