Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What anime or manga is popular right now?

In manga it always seems like the base concept is much more important than the writing, which makes it almost the complete opposite of american comics. Most comic readers know that the idea of superheroes is incredibly silly, but go with it and make up with it with incredible writing. Most manga looks to me like it writes itself and you just need that original idea in order to make it stand out from the crowd.

The exception to modern manga all being samey might be one piece since it avoids common shonen nonsense by setting it in a world where it makes sense to meet stronger guys as you get further in, Luffy doesn't die and come back to life for no reason, and Oda has a really healthy respect for continuity. Yeah some characters have a "second form" of sorts, but its a natural extension of abilities they already have instead of a deus ex henshin move that puts them on par with whatever overpowered villain they are facing.

Also: It doesn't have any (traditional) fighting tournaments which is to me the biggest crutch in all of shonen manga. Don't know what to do for this arc? Have a tournament.

Fairy Tail and Guilty Crown are pretty good animes

Ugh, theme is not that important, but narrative is everything. So I agree with James, manga is mostly about finding that cool theme to work, while in occident is more about doing a good story no mater the crap you have to work.

I have no idea about the goth sub culture, mostly because in here the amount of people can't be compared with USA or other big countries, and so the sub culture of goth was like 500 people or something (I'm not kidding, it was that reduced) so the sub culture was unable to live by itself and so it needed to hybridize with others (metal and emo) to survive.

Still I think the goth sub culture is quiet narrow and so a bad a niche. But if your work is good I think it can pass the barrier of the demographic.

Just a heads up, if you are watching your anime dubbed I will kill you.

A few recent popular anime are Code Geass, Black Lagoon, Mirai Nikki. You could probably go to any anime site that has a top 10-50 list and most will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    Just a heads up, if you are watching your anime dubbed I will kill you.
    Is this guy for real

Subs are shit you fool. You mean to tell me that names like Vic Mignona, Yuri Lowenthaal, Bridget Hoffman, Steven J. Blum, Micah Solusod, Luci Christian, Kirk Thornton, and Johnny Yong Bosch mean nothing to you?!

Nope. Nothing at all. Dubs take away everything from an anime, IMO. If there were only dubs of anime left on the planet, I would stop watching anime.

Would you commit suicide (please say yes)

Btw we are spamming but tbh u started it with some crap

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    Nope. Nothing at all. Dubs take away everything from an anime, IMO. If there were only dubs of anime left on the planet, I would stop watching anime.
    Yeah it take away everything, the animation disappear, the dialogues are un-listenables, the colors fade and the eyes are burn.

ARRRRGH!!! LAURA BAILEY, WHY WOULD YOU CURSE MY ANIMES LIKE THAAAAT!!!