Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Photoshop]The assorted knowledge thread (now sorted!)

B = Pencil
    E = Eraser
    Cntrl + = Zoom
    Cntrl - = outzoom
    Image > Mode > RGB or Black and White
    Image > Adjust > levels or colors

I use those with the already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    @apples: I think you need PS Extended, it has 3D capabilities. I use standard so I can't help you, but I know it's called Repoussé, try to google it if you have the extended version
    hmm after looking it up I didn't seem to find any examples similar to this. Makes me think you don't need it for this

Holding space = hand tool. Combine with alt, ctrl and/or shift for some extra cool stuff. Happy navigation!

Nice thread, I think you should update the first post will all the new commands and hints/tips people are adding

Haha, that's a great idea Cloudy; if I do that I can change the title of the thread to either "[Photoshop]The Sorted Assorted Knowledge Thread" or "[Photoshop] The Assorted Knowledge Thread: Now Sorted!". I wonder what I'll choose

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Shift to access stamp tool
    U trollin me bro? I tried this and felt like a fool; it just made me draw straight lines as usual

TAB toggles the visibility of the tools and palettes.

It would be really handy if you could toggle just a few of the windows at a time, like hiding the layers and the brush settings when you don't need them but keep the toolbar on screen, does someone know if you can do that?

101 Dalmations Member
    One-Point Perspective, quick and dirty:
    Form tool => Star(in polygon options), 99 sides, 99% indent.
    Result:
    cool. haha

Cool indeed, Dave Rapoza showed it during one of his livestreams.

Anyway guys, did you know that if you press and hold down a hotkey for a tool while using another tool, you automatically switch back upon release.
    So if you work with the brush, and suddenly want to make a stroke with the eraser, you can just hold E briefly and when you release it it will be the brush tool again. I find that extremely helpful!

Yeah, so we've covered some ground already in this thread, and I'll soon try to sum it all up in the first post.

So it seems that Photoshop CS6 beta is out and available to download at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/photoshopcs6.html

Have anyone tried it yet? Are there any news for digital painting in it? I won't have time to check it out until the week after the next, so if anyone has picked it up I'd love to know what you think of it

Sir-Mass-a-Lot
    Haha, that's a great idea Cloudy; if I do that I can change the title of the thread to either "[Photoshop]The Sorted Assorted Knowledge Thread" or "[Photoshop] The Assorted Knowledge Thread: Now Sorted!". I wonder what I'll choose

U trollin me bro? I tried this and felt like a fool; it just made me draw straight lines as usual

TAB toggles the visibility of the tools and palettes.

It would be really handy if you could toggle just a few of the windows at a time, like hiding the layers and the brush settings when you don't need them but keep the toolbar on screen, does someone know if you can do that?
    Oh whoops it might be s try that. Yeah I find lots of strange shortcuts when I switch from Zbrush back to other programs (s in Zbrush bring up brush size iirc)

Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E: Merge all of your visible layers into one new layer, WITHOUT loosing the original layers. Winning =)
    (skip the Alt to delete the original layers, if that's the way you wanna roll)
    Last edited by Rubisko; 03-29-2012 at 04:19 PM.