Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saphira's Art - Back from the dead

This is an OC of mine. She is supposed to be around 14-15. Ignore the face and head, I didn't really pay attention, I wanted to get the anatomy, proportion and clothing right first. Please crit.

I think something is wrong with her right arm. And feet requires practice too. And I'm not too sure about the length of legs. One time they seem fine, and then they don't again.

yup...the right arm....i think it shd be a little bit thin .... the left arm is shorter than the right ...the shading was gr8!! ... legs r perfect...well...she reminds me of nami in onepiece....

You're definitely getting there on the proportions. The biggest thing that I notice is that her shoulders are too wide. They make her look rather masculine. Remember that girls' hips are as wide or wider than the shoulders. The legs look okay as far as length but what bothers me is how the clothes she's wearing are affecting the curves of the legs. It makes it look like you didn't spend the time to draw the figure underneath the clothes beforehand. The left (her right) foot definitely needs work. Overall, I think you could just use to spend a little more time planning the pose out. The pose itself looks very awkward. Draw a stick figure before hand so you can get a general idea of where things are going and proper proportions.

Thank you for the comments!
    This time I did sketch the figure underneath, but I did it lightly. You were right, I didn't spend so much time. But I didn't get what you meant by "affecting the curves of the legs". I mean, how else are the legs supposed to look?
    I'll re-do it again, one standing straight and one with a pose and post it here.

It has been really long since I've drawn. (blame college -_-').

I drew something just now to take my mind off tomorrow's test for a while. Just thought I'd bump my thread.
    http://saphira410.deviantart.com/#/d3du2z3

DA's blocked at my school, so I'll comment on the first pic on the page.

Something about the way you did that picture reminds me a ton of my old stuff. I wasn't big on guidelines awhile back, and that was a killer. I also didn't consider or use perspective in any pictures, and my characters were nearly always facing the camera in flat, uninteresting poses. Before I go on, let me say that your shading is better than mine ever was, especially around that girl's chest (yeah, why did I automatically look there?).

Moving on now. Yes, the pose is flat and 2-D. I would recommend defining a bit of a background. You don't have to make a huge, complex scene, but hints of what she's standing on and where she's standing would help. Also, the way she's got her elbows straight out to the sides makes it a bit flat. I'll redline it real quick here . . .

Aaaand, I think I said all I saw in the redline.

Oooohh! My First ever red-line! Thanks a lot Matt, for the comments. =D I'll keep that in mind.

Since my tests are over from today, and I have around 15 days until my finals, I should be able to do something now.

So yeah, I started something in SAI today. A WIP:

SPOILER! :

I can't help drawing masculine females! D':

You've probably heard this a billion times before but, narrower shoulders and wider hips. Women's shoulders shouldn't ever be much wider than thier hips.

-_-" I knew it. On it now.