Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saphira's Art - Back from the dead

...you should try and sketch your characters starting with simple shapes (square, rectangle, circle, oval etc.) and after that you can get into details... if you want I could make you something to show you what I am talking about...
    Rollin over the \/\/0RL|)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKasey View Post
    You've probably heard this a billion times before but, narrower shoulders and wider hips. Women's shoulders shouldn't ever be much wider than thier hips.
    That coming from Kasey and his demon princess I keed i keed!!! dont kill me... Also the girl is nice, still i like the previous one better, but you said not done yet so i apologize
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

corrected some stuff.
    SPOILER! :

Shall I go ahead with line art?

id say that her left hand needs to be a little bigger......and that coming from me who had the same problem.....^-^'
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Hmm, Her left hand as in our right?

My personal preference for when I draw women is to stray towards the thinner side. The ones you draw seem to be heavier which I'm not sure is your intention or not. If you didn't intend for her to be heavier/more muscular/etc. I would suggest making her upper arms thinner.

If you look at most people (not the extremely muscular or obese) the widest parts of the arm are around the elbow. The upper arm is relatively uniform in size (unless you're going for a muscle-bound person, or want to adopt a more western drawing style). So don't pinch in at the elbows, they're actually one of the wider points of the arm, and make the shoulders smaller.

I believe Gedeon was talking about the hand that is visible even though it would be her right (our left) hand. Remember hands are usually large enough to cover your entire face. I think that hand would barely cover her cheek. The easiest way I've found to draw the hand was to draw a small elongated box for the palm of the hand and then from that draw the fingers. The fingers should be approximately the same length as the box.

Maybe I'll draw you a quick red-line when I get home to help explain what I mean.

Thanks nisaren. I get what you mean, I see it now. I zoomed in and drew the hand, so I guess I messed up. And the arm, well...my bad. For now, I shall fix themand try to finish the drawing.

In general, I find it hard to draw thin females. I don't know why, I try and then the head feels a little too big, ana I end up making them masculine/fat. More practice! I'll try drawing a thin one too now. Look for it tonight!

I'm finally done with the sketch.(I'm so slow, and get distracted easily! -_-" Something I should change). Anyway here it is:
    SPOILER! :

Apart from the weird elbow/arm and the tip-toe foot, anything I should change? (I left her slightly plump for now).
    Also, where can I find feet references? I tried googling and on dA, but never got the angle I wanted. So I finally tried drawing from my own foot in the mirror(which is downstairs).

Do I add the background later, after the lineart and all? Or is it advisable to sketch it too?

I think the legs are a bit short. You should have left more guildlines in teh sketch before you go down to ink it >_<

Hmm, longer legs. Thanks! And this is the sketch D: I erased all the guidelines and stuff, made it like the final product so that I can just trace over for the lineart.