Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing Reality into Imagination: Natural Enemies to Coexistant Foes

I sat there leaned over with my elbows resting on my kneecaps, smoking the same cigarette. I looked at the doorknob to the room and the looked at the place where the doorknob would rest if the door was closed. A few seconds later the door closed by itself with a quiet creak. She acted like a kid, but it was her right to. In a weird sort of way, she reminded me of my daughter. I stared out into space remembering the way she treated me the last time I went to visit. 'Full bore heat period', something a friend once told me. The strange thing was that she started acting strange around me, like my presence there had affected her in some way. Maybe she was...No,no,no...Don't let your mind get to you like that. I ruffled my hair and stubbed the cigarette on my hand only to light another one in it's place. "The mind itself is the only prison that one can never escape from, it is your greatest weapon and also your greatest weakness. Remember this, Kiba. It can save you from very questionable situations. Consider it a piece of wisdom form teacher to student." I said it out loud and turned to look at someone standing not far into the room. "Isn't that right, Sensei?" I glared at him from being here. We haven't talked in nearly half a century.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Three Trio Tres Member Emi_Higurashi's Avatar
    I stopped and looked around my room and sighed. "Hey Frankie, let's go out for a drink. I'm buying tonight!" Frank smiled and looked up "Is that guy coming with us?" I quirked an eyebrow at him and sighed. "Fine...god I swear if I have to share my place with him, do I really also invite him to where ever we go too?" I grumbled. Frank nodded and I got up and knocked on his room door. "Hey Kiba...Frank wanted to know if you'd like to join us for dinner and a drink. Would you like to?" I asked I didn't want to stand there, I just wanted to get out of the awkward situation.

I heard a knock at the door and turned away from my sensei to open the door, "A drink? Shit, kid. I wouldn't mind having one about now." I walked past her and into the living room. I saw Frank and I raised an eyebrow at him, "You are Frank. Closest friend to her, eh? Nice to meet ya. The name's Kiba." I raised my hand out towards him asking for a handshake. I knew this guy. I seriously did. I just can't remember from where. I gave a sincere smile. Any person who offers me a drink, should be given some sign of gratitude. 'That includes the girl you fucking idiotic father...' The thought hit my mind pretty hard, but I knew that. I could wait for her to get out here.

" Nice to meet you too." Frank smiled and took hold of his hand and gave him a firm hand shake before following me into the bathroom, mostlikely to rade my make up. I finished putting on my red eyeshadow and eyeliner. Frank hip bumped me out of the way and grabbed my make up and put some on. "Jesus Frank, you're not going to take Kiba and I to a fxxkin gay bar." He let out a giggle and shook his head. "I know but we're going for pizza then out to Raven's Rave." I nodded. "Okay I'm paying for it all then, it's my treat, but we're buying a cab." He nodded then walked out, I followed and looked at Kiba. "Well, you guys ready?" Frank was nearly out the door when I heard him ask under his breath if I was les. "Frank! You're going to get it!" I yelled and chased after him.

[Flashback]: "Elena Waylen, Please report to the principal's office right now." I groaned and looked over at my old friend Gerald. He nodded and followed, both of us completely ignoring the Math Tacher. "Rotting btich, you'd think she has something better to do than ruin our lives." Gerald just giggled and a concerned look on his face. "What you think it is Elle?" I thought for a moment. "I don't know GeeGee..I truely don't." I made it to the office and he sat down and said he'd wait for me. I went into the principal's office and sat down. He looked at me with a grave espression. "I'm to be the one to tell you this, but your parents called and told me they were going back to Alaska to give your Grandmother, Julie, a funeral at your previous home." I stared at him to see if he was bull-shitting, nope not going to happen he was as serious as a mother saying no to a three year old. "You've got to be kidding, right? I mean I just talked to my grandma yesterday! she said she was fine!" I rose up and walked out, tears running down my face. Gerald stood up and held me closely. "What happened Elle?" his voice was caked with worry, concern, and a tinge of sadness. "My grandma....she...she died. Mum and Dad went back to Alaska to attend her funeral." I was still crying, but I made sure my sobs were super quiet, I looked up at GeeGee and shook my head. Let's go back t my place. I have to do something." He nodded and grabbed our stuff, walking out towards his beat up Volkswagen. I got in and didn't bother buckling up. "Let's go to starbucks first, I think some coffee and skittles would do us some good. I nodded and blared up some Black Flag, 'the only thing to keep us from talking about it...' I thought. [END Flashback]

I was already outside smoking a cigarette whil those two played. I kind of smiled at the antics. Reminded me of when I was younger and trying to make a name for myself. I stood there and hailed a cab and talked the driver into letting all three of us head out, but I told him to wait on us since the other two weren't ready yet. I paid the cab in advance for both trips. I figured I should be nice for the time that I need to recover. 'Gay bar....really? Don't expect me to follow, unless of course...it's one big joke.' I sent the thought to thme both as I smoked. Not much of a night, mostly humans running around and laughing teen driving by. The normal life that I used to love and cherish, but now I abhor and hate it. The city lives and breaths and barely gives anyone th time to breath themselves. Both alive and dead. Sinful and virtuous. 'So, I guess you can say that I know life in the city' I thought to myself while still waiting on the two goofballs.

I looked at Kiba. "Raven's Rave is not gay bar. I was just teasing Frankie." I smiled and snaked my arm around Frank's shoulder. I was still smiling, and I let out a awkward giggle, making Frank double over in laughter, giving away that he just got done smoking a bowl with some douche. I sat down with Frank on my lap and waited for Kiba to sneer and retort to evrything. "If you're so aged then why the hell are you hear? Oh and word got out, I have to men as roommates. So, if anyone, especially the guys, glare at you tell 'em to fxxk off. I'm not interested in anything. I just want to have fun and enjoy my life." I ywaned and poked Frank to get off my lap. "You ass is heavy Frank. You nearly paralyzed my legs." I laughed making him giggled and attempt to pout.

"To tell you the truth, I just want to get as far away from this building as I can" I said aloud. She still thought of me as that cranky old wise ass with nothing better to do other than kill. I sat the farthest away from them both in the cab. I continued to smoke and took one out to hold it near Ms. Righteous, which really wasn't her true name. I figured she could use one. I stared out the window of the cab as we were driven to our location. The cab driver looked in the rear view mirror and paled at seeing my face, "I did not expect to see you in another millenium, my friend." He said it with a thick russian accent. I smiled and replied, "Some things are just better left unknown, right Mikhail?" The cab driver chuckled and then returned to silence as we got to our destination. I stepped out of the taxi first and looked around. Mostly humans, but a few werewolves and vampires here and there.

Just to give the three a thrill, I opened the car door and jumped out. I landed lightly on my feet and smiled at Frank's shocked face that was pressed up against the back window.The cab stopped and Frank flew backwards. I laughed and walked back up to the cab and pointed up at the neon sign. "That's were we needed to be. Thanks." I pulled out the money for the cab and handed it to him. "Let's go Frankie, baby." I smiled and opened the door to the club.

I went in amongst a crowd, still stuck in my "avoid and disappear" mode from my years of hunting down that SOB. I sat with a group of punks and goth in a booth and ordered a drink. I didn't talk to them, but they seemed interested in me because of the scars that ran around my neck and back side of my skull. The chicks digged it, but I could care less. When my drink arrived, I drank it cooly and calmly and it stated that I was in no mood for conversation with them. They took the hint and continued about their lives. But one punk chick pushed the issue and spoke, "What's your name? I haven't seen you or your kind here very often." I twitched at hearing "your kind" in her sentence. The others obviously saw that she hit a nerve. I turned to look at her with a cold, heartless 1,000 yard stare, "And what would you know of "my kind"? You are just a speck of life that is so easy to extinguish. Were it not for those like us, you all would be food for those that see you as such. Tsk. Like you would know anything." I looked away, forgetting my anger and sudden rage to enjoy the night as it was. Watching people in their twenties living the high life. My own memories of that age surfaced and my facial expressions must've showed it since the others around me became quiet and watched in wonder.