Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing Reality into Imagination: Natural Enemies to Coexistant Foes

When the agency found me, I was sitting in my own blood. A lit cigarette in my mouth barely able to get a drag off of it. The room was just one giant blood bath and the body I was sitting on was my target. I made sure he was dead. His family was also eliminated. A task I had trouble dealing with myself. The tac-lites didn't do anything to my eyes and I waited for one of them to fire off a shot. I already had a stake pretty damn close to it's target sticking out of my chest. My vision began to blur and my thoughts swam aorund. The voices I heard were distorted, I blinked a few times before my blood loss and the silver in my bloodstream began to affect me. I hit the floor and I stared out across the expanse of the warehouse floor to see a small pair of feet running. Or maybe, it was just what I wanted to see. Then I saw nothing. The blank space of time when one is either dead or unconscious. I stared at a phantom of myself telling my daughter what I was going to do, the dialogue was inaudible but I could remember every word. The images froze and I sat down on a chair that was illuminated by an unknown source of light, and waited.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Three Trio Tres Member Emi_Higurashi's Avatar
    I had just awoke on my bed and I sat up too quickly for my own good. I groaned and smelled something burning again. I chuckled and sighed with relief that he still had an apetite for human food and not the human themselves. I stumbled into the room and looked at him. "Hey...how's the cajun comin along?" I asked in a quiet voice. "He shrugged and gave me a silly grin. "Pretty swell, considering you're going to have to help me eat it. Oh and How was Ma and Dad?" He asked, I knew he heard my dreams again, he stayed with me until the break of morning. "It was a fine day to visit them, I could've swore they told me to come home soon.. but I think I have to wait a little longer. Now that I have a formidable companion, perhaps you and I could take to the highway missions." I laughed when he blushed and sput burnt toast and bacon on two plates. "Uh, Frankie, sugar, you know I don't eat meat. Remember, I'm a vegetarian." He looked at me shook his head setting it down. "I know, that's why we're eating soy bacon." I sighed with relief. I loved his cooked food, just not when he tried to make it with meat, which was very rare. I finished eating and took about 3 cups of coffee to drown it down. "Damn Elena..." I shot a frown at him. "I'm not going to be called by my original name, it's Keira when we're home and around our comerades." He nodded and smiled doing the dishes, 'he was never intimidated by my frowns and glares, what should make a difference now?' I thought. "The difference is that I could hear everything you want to think about me." He answered. I frowned and heard him chuckle. We have to see Damian, he said to inform you that a dude named Kiba was captured after the slaughter of a rogue and his family. "I sighed and shook my head. Well, We better get going then Hun, I don't want my ass chewed out this time.

I stared at the white ceiling of the cell. The machine on the left side of where I was laying down was diffusing the silver from my bloodstream. And when the time came, I knew that they would want an answer for what I've done. For all I cared, that sonofabitch was dead. 'After how many years dad?' I heard the thought enter my mind. I looked down to my where my feet were. 'Far too long...sweetie. You have to move on now. I'm not going to be there all the time, but I know you can handle yourself. Don't think I don't know what you did to that last boyfriend who tried to hurt you.' I sent the thought back and then sealed off my mind. Too many damn mind readers here in the agency. I felt a sharp pain as the machine did another spin for silver dioxide in my bloodstream. It almost seemed like torture. Now, all I can do is wait for what ever they have planned for me. 'I left the agency so damn long ago they probably don't even have the records for it' I thought to myself with a chuckle.

I knocked on the door of Damian's office. After about a few more knocks I heard him grunt "come in." I walked in with Frank behind me. He looked up and asked me and Frank to sit down. I sat down and looked up with fear clearly on my face. "What happen?" he asked. "Were you there when he slaughtered the family?" I shook my head and frowned. "I never knew his true intention, all I knew was that he was looking for someone. So, I don't know what he was thinking. But he did talk to me every once in a while. I never really acknowledge him much." I stated. Damian nodded and sighed. "I need you to watch over him until he's in full health and good enough to leave us again. Just amke sure he gets the medication and food. I would hate to see you fail this mission." He looked up at me and frowned. "What?!? Are you fxxkin kidding me Damian?! I just got back and now I have babysit someone who hates my guts?! Damn it Damian! You owe me BIG TIME!" I screeched the last words and stomped away. "Well, she took that well." Damian said quietly. "Yup. I'm surprised the Sass Monster didn't break anything." Frank replied. I snarled and walked back to my room.

I caught her scent from the ventilation shaft. I gritted my teeth, 'Uh-oh, missy aight happy at all...' I thought to myself as I waited. The images from the night before flickered across my vision and I blinked a few times to try and get it to go away. The image of that little girl's face still lingered in my vision. I sat up and tore out the IV needle from my arm, I bit into my lip and drew blood. The girl's face began to twist into my own daughter's face. I held a hand against my head as a head-splitting headache set in. Withdrawals from not having a smoke for more than 24 hours also didn't help. I felt like I was alright, but my world felt like it was shaking. The reality here is, I was actually shaking not the other way around. "That little girl...Gomen Nasai" I spoke shakily and as quietly as I could.

I walked into the recovery room just in time to see my 'friend' sit up and grip his head. I sighed 'Okay, so this is going to be fun, I wonder how long it will be until he decides to....know what I'll just skip this thought, because he's not allowed to kill me, even if I asked.' I inhaled and walked over to him, and held out a Newport to him. I opened the window and lit my cigarette up. Looking up I could tell he wasn't pleased that the agency recollected him and brought him here to be babysat by what he calls "A bratty kid" I let out an unattractive snort. 'Oh real smooth Elena...now he's really impressed. Oh whatever, I'm not trying to impress I'm just following order and possibly letting him laugh at my debating thoughts.' I stubbed out the remains of my 'cancer stick' and sat on the chair next to him. "So, you get briefed by Damian?" I asked, my eyes glaring at my Converse.

I lit the cigarette with an ability of mine, took a few drags, and exhaled with a relaxed breath. I looked at her directly in the eyes with some slight irritation behind my eyes, "You agency brats...so damn caught up in being secretive about everything. No, I didn't get "briefed" about what I'm doing here or about why I'm still here. I should be a pile of ash right now." I looked out the wind with the cigarette sticking out of the corner of my mouth, 'You are one strange little girl, you know that?' I sent the thought directly into her mind. My expression then changed to boredom. Bored. Such a human word. 'I'll be home soon...' I sent the thought to someone I cared for deeply. She had waited to meet me for nearly 200 years or maybe more. I can't exactly remember since it's been so long.

The chair behind me screeched when he he called me 'brat' again. "Look I don't like you anymore than you don't like me. So you mind if we just be the good little lab partners until my boss says you can leave, can you do that much in stead of piss me off?!" I glared down at him and turned away when he gave me one of his thoughts. "Of course I'm strange, I act like a human, more human than you could believe, I'm so human I barely drink any blood at all, I'm a vegetarian. But that's about as much info you can get about me." I gave him a side glance and tossed him my Newport pack and lighter. "Keep 'em, you look like you could use them. I'll meet you in room 22." I walked away without a second glance and closed the door lightly. 'God, why did I end up like this?' I asked myself. I saw Frank standing idly by my room. "Hey Frankie, You forget your key?" I asked, he looked up and gave me a guilty smile. "Okay now we have your stuff in my room, you'll be stay in that room with me, and Kiba will get the spare." I sighed and opened the door for him. "Well Kei, looks like you ot two men in your room now, and I wonder what everyone will think." I sniggered at his curiosity. "Frankie, sugar, everyone in this building is either gay, les, or bi, it's rare to find someone straighter than a stripper's pole." He looked up at me and doubled over, laughing I closed the door behind us and shook my head. "I swear, I have to be the most human, sarcastic, teen vampire here. I sat and waited for the new roommate.

I walked in with my hands behind my head in a relaxed stance with another cigarette sticking out of my mouth. I didn't need any of my equipment for awhile. I didn't have the strength to use my pistol anyway. I looked at the other's from the corner of my eye with a glance. I turned down the hallway to the spare room and sat on the bed. 'This is going to get on my nerves...big time.' I thought to myself and I made sure to close of my mind so no one could get into my head or hear my thoughts. 'I need to get out of here. And the only other way to do that is wait for my strength to return. That could take weeks, months, or even years.' I thought as I made tactical plans with my knowledge of the building's blueprints with the photogrpahic memory. I took a drag of the cigarette and exhaled it with an irritated sigh.

"Goddamn arrogant motherf-" I was cut off by Frank's giggles. "Kei! you seriously wouldn't hurt him, He just got out of recovery." I growled and stomped into the room and slammed the door. I turned on my stereo to blast out my Iron Maiden album. I sat down and drew whatever came to my mind, at this point I didn't realize what I was drawing until I heard FRank enter my room. "Elena...you really need to tone those teenage angst tempers of yours." I giggled and hugged him. "I know, I'm sorry Frodo." He tackled me down and grabbed my unicorn, Mr. Sparklez. "NO GIVE HIM BACK!!" I yelled and ran after him.