Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 Ending Opinions?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Also the fact that most of the people Shep fucks are his/her subordinates and thus it's a creepy power dynamic. Also the madonna/whore complex. The equation of sex with love. And there's more.

I think the worst part about Tali is
    SPOILER! :
    You never see her face. You get to see her nice body thanks to how form-fitting the Quarian suit is, but we never see her face. We never see the face of our supposed lover. You know what sort of people tend to fantasize about women without caring about their face? Sexual fucking predators. It's really creepy that the game lets you fuck a literally faceless woman.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    ^LoL'D

Wellll, not necessarily faceless, considering Sheperd sees it, just not the player. I think it's good for her character that they left Tali in a mask, cause the other wimminz are just overly sexualized. Maybe except Liara, but definitely Samara and Morinth, and oh, the rest of the Asari race. I also don't really dig Tali's body, those hips, and the two fingers, ehhhhh. Might as well just bang a Geth.

Not to mention she pretty much dies if she takes her mask off :/
    Last edited by GunZet; 03-14-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Lol, the point is that the player doesn't see the face, Sheperd doesn't mater because he is just a bridge or a vehicle for the player fantasies. And about Tali; she doesn't have a face and you fuck her, making the relationship a masturbation using a human person (as kodo said, sexual predators, but Its mostly someone who doesn't care about sex, but rather his/her own satisfaction).

I -know- that, Clock. But to compare that with a sexual predator is a bit far-fetched, unless the player is well... a sexual predator. Though having sex with a faceless alien isn't quite necessary either. I assume they just tossed it in there because Tali has a nice... little... fanbase... And ME2 was all about the sex before Omega4 anyway.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    ^LoL'D

Wellll, not necessarily faceless, considering Sheperd sees it, just not the player.
    Clock answered this. The player is what matters.

I think it's good for her character that they left Tali in a mask, cause the other wimminz are just overly sexualized.
    Tali has an attractive body and a sexy accent. She's just as sexualized. The only difference is we don't see her fucking face.

The only other thing we don't see is female aliens, because Bioware only cares about women if they are sex objects.

Maybe except Liara, but definitely Samara and Morinth, and oh, the rest of the Asari race.
    Liara is sexualized. She's the vulnerable sexy nerd archetype. It's part of their Madonna/Whore complex. But they got better in 2 and I understand 3. I'll give them that. But in 1 she was entirely Nice Guy fetish fuel. "I'm a sweet innocent girl. NOT LIKE ALL THOSE OTHER ASARI SLUTS AND WHORES!"

I also don't really dig Tali's body, those hips, and the two fingers, ehhhhh. Might as well just bang a Geth.
    It's not like the boards at Bioware have literally done chemical analysis and come to the conclusion that Tali's sweat would be healthy to eat. I am not lying. These are Bioware fans. This is the culture they seek to pander to.

Not to mention she pretty much dies if she takes her mask off :/
    But you can fuck her no problem! Because sex is romance! You know what would have been really good? Let the player romance Tali, but never fuck her. Show that, hey - guess what - some adults can have romantic relationships that don't involve sex. Many people can't, but Shepherd and Tali are heroes - they are already doing things many people can't.
    SPOILER! :
    This also would have been a good thing to do with EDI.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    I -know- that, Clock. But to compare that with a sexual predator is a bit far-fetched, unless the player is well... a sexual predator. Though having sex with a faceless alien isn't quite necessary either. I assume they just tossed it in there because Tali has a nice... little... fanbase... And ME2 was all about the sex before Omega4 anyway.
    Humans associate faces with personhood. That's why so many sexually motivated serial killers target victims faces. That's why Alien has a theme of damaging faces. That's why hordes of badguys wear helmets and shit in fiction. It makes us stop seeing them as people. By never showing us Tali's face they turn her into nothing more than a blatantly obvious sex object. She's not a person, obviously, but she's not even a character anymore. She's just boobs, a lovely pair of hips, and something for Shepherd to fuck.

And that's without getting into other creepy aspects.

Look, you can like the game. You can like problematic things. I do. Everyone does. But don't pretend like these creepy and dangerous attitudes are not there. They are. The gaming industry as a whole has serious issues with women and sexuality, and Bioware in particular stands out as a notably egregious offender.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Tali just... wasn't attractive to me. Cute, but not attractive in a sexual sense, nevertheless I hit that. I also don't think you actually had sex with Jack, but instead just cuddled around if I recall, unless I'm missing something about that fade to black screen. I do get what you're saying though.

edit: oh god, don't tell me you think Chakwas or Eve has bangin' curves too DD:
    Last edited by GunZet; 03-14-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    <My comic

Is not just a problem with woman and sex, is a problem with every human emotion or psychology status. Games want to pretend to be story wise, but they are unable to threat any of the stories in a mature level, that's why when they do a game that is involved with sex, it become a power-harem situation; when its about war, is about empowering players and make them badass; when there is a woman, to make it an object for ourselves; and when is about violence or gunshot, make all character cold blood killers (again badass/cool). So video games are about our fantasies, better say, are about a gluttony of our fantasies. We don't just want the harem-power situation, we want to be cool, bad ass, we want to be empowered, we want others to be weaker, we want to have the first and last word in any discussion and we want to achieve success in any mean. Video games are our masturbation, our wet dreams when we talk about story (and some times mechanics).

There is nothing wrong about this, there is nothing wrong to satisfy our fantasies, but this is why video games are unable to take any real emotional subject in a mature way. Reason why we might never see a Apocalypse Now or Psycho video game, because those are not about please ourself, but rather to find ourself through our fantasies.

Maybe I forgot, but how do you place everything in a "spoiler tag"?

Someone's never played Planescape Torment.