Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 Ending Opinions?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Guess the only reason I'm not sitting in the hatebooth is because I'm probably the only person here that has been looking at the ME games more from a critical gameplay stance, lol.
    The gameplay of ME is fine, but it is not fine enough to carry the series on its own. It's like saying Final Fantasy X is the best Final Fantasy because you like the battle system the most. Neither FFX nor any of the Mass Effects have gameplay strong enough to carry the game on its own, especially when one considers the existence of other shooters that do what ME does and do it better.

Besides, remember the inane comments made by Bioware and Hepler. The company absolutely believes that gameplay is not only unimportant, but something that should be eliminated, and feel that their storytelling is their greatest single strength as a company.

Also remember that player choice is a big part of gameplay, and each game has made that matter less and less.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    True, true. I forgot they actually give you options before you even start the game to choose whether you want to dumb down the gameplay (story-wise, or action-wise) or not, then saying it's basically for personal preference. Is there any other way to play an ME game but RPG?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Wait, they believe their strong points is storytelling? WAT?!

Yeh lol more like the sex (Jack magic) drugz (Red Sand) and rock n roll baby yeah (The Faunts)

I'm curious to see how all of these people saying it's a horrible story would reiterate it themselves. I'm no author, so I'm just curious. The story is enough to carry the series along to me. I'm more of an atmosphere guy when it comes to games like this, and they aced the feeling of being in a giant populated galaxy, but the story. I don't know, what would you guys change/add?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Wait, they believe their strong points is storytelling? WAT?!
    Bioware is fucked in every way. It's a company culture.

Basically Bioware thinks they are Obsidian. They're not.

The misogynistic and hyperbolic language directed at Hepler was disgusting, and I feel bad for her to that extent, but the woman really is a complete and total idiot, and a big (no, that's not a reference to her weight) sign of everything wrong with the company. The woman has no business doing anything involved with videogames, and given how shitty a writer she is, she really has no business writing anything either.

And the same is true of most of Bioware these days. Hepler is their Nomura. She's a massive sign of all that's wrong, and the most egregious example of it, but she is not the sole cause or the sole symptom of what's wrong. Firing her would be a good thing and a step towards improving, but really Bioware needs to sack most of their writing and planning staff at this point.

Except whoever wrote Mordin. They can stay.

EDIT: The fact Bioware has steadily gotten more and more creepy ever since Jade Empire which, as much as I love it, was problematic in its own ways, is a sign of how big and serious the issue is. This isn't the result of some charismatic new employee coming in and swaying the others to their way of thinking, or of executive oversight. This is the result of a diseased corporate culture and attitude that has been festering in the company since the early middle part of the last decade.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

So, I guess I wasn't paying attention, what was the "creepy" bits.

Pick just about any scene involving a woman in just about any capacity. There you go.

I'm too tired to go into detail now but, really, most of it isn't even that subtle. Bioware's writers have serious issues with women and sexuality and these issues have just gotten worse and worse with every single game since Jade Empire - which is where it all began. It seems like as soon as Lucasarts and WOTC let them off their leash that Bioware immediately began a death spiral into creepy harem fanfiction territory.

EDIT: Again, though, as I said before. Healing Jack's mental issues with Shepherd's magical dick. All a woman with serious mental issues needs to feel better is for a man to fuck her.

This is Victorian England level shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    So, I guess I wasn't paying attention, what was the "creepy" bits.
    Jacob, sex with Tali, and Miranda's chin.
    Oh, and
    SPOILER! :
    Joker and Edi.
    <My comic

Don't get it.